This cute idea uses yarn and a toilet roll to make a cheap Christmas Ornament. It's a yarn wrapped around and formed into a hat.
I saw this idea on Tik Tok but no measurements were given. I figured those out on my own but the idea itself was inspired by casual viewing on Tik Tok.
- Toilet Roll
- Yarn Chunky Weight #5 (Red Heart Hygge is Used Here)
- Measuring Tape
The tutorial is below demonstrating steps.
- Measure the toilet roll to ½" and cut keeping the roll as a solid circle.
- Cut strands 14" long. See the video to do this quickly.
- Add each strand separately to the brim like adding fringe to a project.
- Once all cardboard is covered, pull the strands tighter and insert the strands through the middle to the opposite side.
- Measure about 3" from the bottom of the brim and tie all strands together.
- Trim remaining strands after the tie to form a pom pom.
- Brush the pom pom to separate the plies. Cut and shape pom as desired.
- Vibrant Tank Topper Crochet Placemat
- 14 Cheap Ways to Block Your Crochet
- Crochet Vibrant Toilet Paper Cover Pattern