Crochet Baby Tiles for Miles Blanket
Crochet the Baby Tiles for Miles Baby Blanket using Caron Baby Cakes Yarn or equivalent yarns. This is easy to follow the pattern, in fact, I have put a tutorial out there for you to use if you need extra help.
The tiles are made up of 4 trebles grouped together. There is a half double crochet/chain row that separates the tile look. With Cakes, this concept would turn out pretty awesome generally.
More Crochet Patterns
- 6 Boho Chic Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Big Blocks Baby Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Beans & Bobbles Afghan Pattern
- Crochet Baby Blanket Star + Tutorial
- Crochet Rectangle Granny Afghan
If you want to make a different size blanket, the multiple is 4+1. If you don't understand what this means, I cover it in the tutorial. Just keep in mind, if you change the size of the starting chain, it will change the quantity usage of your yarn overall. Bigger means more yarn. Smaller means less, of course.
- Ch 133. (See diagram).
- 1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. Turn.
- 2nd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. Ch 2. Skip next 2 sc. *1 sc in each of next 2 sc. Ch 2. Skip next 2 sc. Rep from * to last sc. 1 sc in last sc. Turn.
- 3rd row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). *4 tr in next ch-2 sp. Rep from * to last sc. 1 dc in last sc. 33 4-tr groups.
- 4th row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first dc. 1 hdc between first dc and next 4-tr group. *Ch 2. 2 hdc between last 4-tr group and next 4-tr group. Rep from * to last 4-tr group. Ch 2. 1 hdc between last 4-tr group and turning ch. 1 sc in last dc. Turn.
- 1st rnd: (RS). Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. 1 sc in next hdc. 2 sc in next ch-2 sp. *1 sc in each of next 2 hdc. 2 sc in next ch-2 sp. Rep from * to last 2 sts. 1 sc in each of last 2 sts. Do not turn.
- 2nd rnd: Ch 1. Work 1 rnd of sc evenly around edge of Blanket, working 3 sc in each corner. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
The diagram is used in the tutorial and matches these instructions.