Crochet Baby Tiles for Miles Blanket
Crochet the Baby Tiles for Miles Baby Blanket using Caron Baby Cakes Yarn or equivalent yarns. This is easy to follow the pattern, in fact, I have put a tutorial out there for you to use if you need extra help.
The tiles are made up of 4 trebles grouped together. There is a half double crochet/chain row that separates the tile look. With Cakes, this concept would turn out pretty awesome generally.
More Crochet Patterns
- 6 Boho Chic Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Big Blocks Baby Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Beans & Bobbles Afghan Pattern
- Crochet Baby Blanket Star + Tutorial
- Crochet Rectangle Granny Afghan
If you want to make a different size blanket, the multiple is 4+1. If you don’t understand what this means, I cover it in the tutorial. Just keep in mind, if you change the size of the starting chain, it will change the quantity usage of your yarn overall. Bigger means more yarn. Smaller means less, of course.
- Ch 133. (See diagram).
- 1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. Turn.
- 2nd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. Ch 2. Skip next 2 sc. *1 sc in each of next 2 sc. Ch 2. Skip next 2 sc. Rep from * to last sc. 1 sc in last sc. Turn.
- 3rd row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). *4 tr in next ch-2 sp. Rep from * to last sc. 1 dc in last sc. 33 4-tr groups.
- 4th row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first dc. 1 hdc between first dc and next 4-tr group. *Ch 2. 2 hdc between last 4-tr group and next 4-tr group. Rep from * to last 4-tr group. Ch 2. 1 hdc between last 4-tr group and turning ch. 1 sc in last dc. Turn.
- 1st rnd: (RS). Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. 1 sc in next hdc. 2 sc in next ch-2 sp. *1 sc in each of next 2 hdc. 2 sc in next ch-2 sp. Rep from * to last 2 sts. 1 sc in each of last 2 sts. Do not turn.
- 2nd rnd: Ch 1. Work 1 rnd of sc evenly around edge of Blanket, working 3 sc in each corner. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
The diagram is used in the tutorial and matches these instructions.
Comments on “Crochet Baby Tiles for Miles Blanket Pattern + Tutorial”
No Blue Button
Hi there, Im learning to crochet with you! Going well. Thankyou. Can you tell me how many beginning chains I do as I only have three balls. Kindest regards, Jilly, Sydney Australia
In the pattern is calling for 133. or you can make it to the size you like by chaining multiple of 4 and when you have the size you like chain 1.
Mickey just love your teaching thank you
hi i like to make the teddy bear blanket now here it gos do u have to go corner to corner or can you go from side to side how many boxes or just do same as if you do corner to corner
I love these
recommendations of yarn or cotton for baby afghan for south Florida?
No pattern chart is complete without a symbol key. Will you tell me please, what does the large verticle oval at the beginning of the rows mean? I have only seen it used in one other chart, for a round doily, and neither myself or the internet can figure out what it stands for.
Thanks for all you do and the joy you bring to so many!!
So sorry, standard crochet symbols were used, so the oval is a chain stitch.
Oh my thank you I am making baby blankets to give away this Christmas I could not find any videos I liked thank you I am going to make these I can only crochet with videos now to find a easy hat to go with my baby blankets THANK YOU SO MUCH God bless Maria from Tyler Texas. ???
I love that you include the diagram! It adds another learning tool to my projects, thank you!
You guys are awesome!
Comments are closed.