Super Quick Scarf
I accidentally started and finished this scarf in an afternoon. I didn’t mean to, it just happened and I was so surprised.
I found this stitch idea on another Yarnspirations project and modified it a bit to do a scarf. It’s using what I call V-Stitch Clusters and it’s very much like doing a simple granny square. You just need to look for the gaps and apply your stitch work. It means you can do this pattern without much thought to it.
This is the Super Quick and Easy Scarf pattern.
- 6 mm or Size J Hook
- 2 Balls of Caron Simply Soft Party, Fuschia Sparkle.
Double Crochet Cluster (dc cl) – *Yarn over, insert into indicated stitch, yarn over and pull through stitch, yarn over pull through next 2 loops, leaving stitch unfinished. 2 loops remaining on hook. Repeat * 2 more times which will add an additional loop per repeat. 4 Loops remaining on hook, yarn over and pull through all 4 loops.
The scarf has one short edge that is flat verses the finishing edge having a tapered finished edge.
- Ch 15, sc 2nd ch from hook across. Turn.
- Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch), * dc cl in 3rd sc, ch 2, dc cl into same stitch, ch 1. Repeat * across. Dc in final stitch. Turn.
- Ch 4, (counts as dc, ch), * dc cl in the next ch-2 space between the dc cl below, ch 2, dc cl in the same ch-2 space, ch 1. Repeat * across. Dc in the final stitch. Turn.
- Repeat Step 3, 93 times.
- Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch), dc cl in the next ch-2 space, ch 1, * dc cl in the next ch-2 space between the dc cl below, ch 2, dc cl in the same stitch, ch 1. Repeat * 1 time. Dc cl in the next ch-2 space, ch 1, dc into the final stitch.
- Ch 4, (counts as dc, ch) * dc cl in the next ch-2 space, ch 2, dc cl into the same ch-2 space. Ch 1. Repeat * 1 time. Dc into final stitch.
- Fasten off and weave in ends.