Single Compress Stitch
This Single Compress Stitch appears in a free pattern called the Textured Crochet Blocks Afghan. It is 2 Motifs of 6 motifs that are required for that pattern.
The two motifs that I am referring to is that two motifs are identical in stitches but done with different colours to add variety to the afghan.
When changing colour, you have to keep in mind that this is a one sided pattern if you are doing so. The opposite side doesn’t look so organized. So if you are going to change colours, ensure two rows of the same colour to keep it looking great. If you want more than two rows of the same colour, ensure you keep an even number such as 2, 4, 6, 8 and etc.
If you want to do this pattern in a larger size, the multiple counts are 2 sts + 1 ch.
Instructions as seen in pattern.
- With B, ch 28.
- 1st row: (RS). Draw up a loop in 2nd ch from hook. Draw up a loop in next ch. Yoh and draw through all loops on hook – sc2tog made. Ch 1. *Sc2tog over next 2 ch. Ch 1. Rep from * to last ch. 1 sc in last ch. Turn. 27 sts.
- 2nd row: Ch 1. *Sc2tog over next st and ch-1 sp. Ch 1. Rep from * to last st. 1 sc in last st. Join A. Turn.
- 3rd and 4th rows: With A, rep 2nd row. Join B at end of 4th row.
- 5th and 6th rows: With B, rep 2nd row. Join A at end of 6th row.
- Rep last 4 rows for pat until work from beg measures approx 9 ins [23 cm], ending on a 6th row of pat.
- Fasten off.