Singe Crochet Zig Zag or Chevron Stitch
The Single Crochet Zig Zag Stitch has abrupt peaks and valleys. To many crocheters, this is something we have seen a lot of in the past.
Regardless of the age of this stitch, it’s still timeless today.
- Crochet Little Baby Blanket Pattern
- Crochet ZigZag Dishcloth Pattern
- Crochet Wedding Umbrella Pattern + Tutorial
- Crochet Baby’s First Gown
- Crochet C2C Snowflake Blanket Pattern
Sizing & Pattern
- Each multiple is made up of 25 chains.
- At the end of the chain, add 5 stitches.
- For the exact same baby blanket size, you are to chain 180 to start with as it says on the pattern. That will make you’re afghan about 32″ wide.
- Using Bernat L’il Tots with Size 5.5 mm or I Crochet Hook. Each Chevron is about 5.5″ wide.
- For the Baby Blanket using Bernat L’il Tots, you will need about 10 balls to complete as written but, of course, you can change out your hook size or yarns to suit your own personal taste.
Comments on “Single Crochet Zig Zag or Chevron Stitch”
I’ve restarted this a few times but my edges are slanted as I add more rows. How do I get straight edges? I’m counting the stitches. My ends are similar to the video sample but the further I go the more it shrinks but I still have 3 remaining stitches at the end of the row. Can you help?
It’s hard to know what’s happening from my desk here. Single Crochet does shrink a bit once you get moving. It sounds like to me you are accidentally missing a stitch on the end and it’s compiling to be more and more as you move along. Maybe toss in an extra stitch where you think it’s going less as it sounds to me that’s what you need to do. It may be the solution that would keep the stitches in balance. I’m unsure. I cannot see your project to be sure.
Thank you so much for your quick reply! Is there a way I could send a picture to you? It won’t let me attach one in the comment section.
Just email me. Our contact us is on our site but here is the email [email protected]
Just keep in mind I am backed up a bit so it may be a few days to get back to you. 🙂
No blue button
I love all the zig zag stitches! The only trouble I had was it getting to thick during the knotting process. Still need some work on that!
So chains of 25 and then 5.. single crochet into the 2nd chain. Then 1 more single crochet into the next chain. So 2 single crochet to begin with.. Then skip 1 and 11 single crochet.. Then 3 single crochet into the next chain. Then 1 single crochet into the next 11 chains.. Skip 2 chains then 1 single crochet into the next 11 chains… Do I have this correct?
You are a very good teacher. Thank You. Shirley
following your zig zag/chevron and I want to make it 3x the size in your tutorial. Do I add just 5 chains to the very end or do I need to add more? 3x is 150 +5 would be 155. Is this correct?
The plus 5 has to be saved to the end… 155 is correct. 😀
Comments are closed.