Sweet Treat Bunnies
Crochet these adorable sweet treat bunnies using a free pattern by our very own Cathy. These will definitely bring someone some smiles.
What you Need
- Size G Crochet Hook or 4.5 MM
- Cathy used Lily Sugar N’ Cream or Bernat handicrafter 4 ply cotton yarn but you can substitute any 4ply yarn you have on hand
Ch – Chain, SC – Single Crochet, st- stitch, SL ST – Slip Stitch, BEG – Beginning, TOG – Together, 2sctog – 2 SC Stitches Together to Decrease, RSC – Reverse Single Crochet
Note: Ch 1 doesn’t count as st going forward
- Ch 4 and SL ST to the BEG Ch to form a ring (you can use a magic circle here instead for this step if you prefer.)
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, then SC 7 times around ring, SL ST at the end to the top of the BEG Ch 1. (7st)
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, then 2 SC into the same joining stitch and in each st around, SL ST at the end to the top of the BEG Ch 1 (14st)
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, 1 SC into the same joining stitch, 2 SC in next st, repeat around, SL ST at the end to the top of the BEG Ch 1 (21st)
- Rnd 4: *Ch 1, 1 SC into the same joining stitch and in each st around, SL ST at the end to the top of the BEG CH 1**, repeat from * to ** for rounds 5-9 (21st)
- Rnd 10: Ch 1, *1 SC into the next 2 st then 2sctog over the next 2 st** repeat from * to ** around, note (you will only have 1 SC to make after last dec in the round) SL ST at the end to the top of the BEG Ch 1 (16 st)
- Rnd 11: *Ch 1, 1 SC into the same joining stitch and in each st around, SL ST at the end to the top of the BEG Ch 1**, repeat * to ** for rounds 12 and 13 (16st)
- Rnd 14: RSC around, tie off, weave in end.
Ears: (make 2)
*Note: when you make your slip knot and finish ears, leave your tails long enough to be used to tie and sew ears on later about 10 -12” should do
- 1: Ch 8
- 2: SC into the 2nd Ch from the hook, and then SC into the next 5 chains, hide slip knot tail under sc’s all the way around.
- 3: 3 SC in last Ch
- 4: Rotate and crochet along the opposite side of chains, 1 SC into the next st, then SC into the next 5 st,
- 5: SL ST into the top of the 1st SC
- 6: Tie 2 ends TOG making a knot (15 st)
Take both ears, using your crochet hook or darning needle pull both yarn ends thru top of bunny head in even spots, turn bunny inside out, pull one yarn end over a stitch or 2 without going thru to the other side, then tie a secure knot using both ends on each ear…Turn bunny right side out then use one of the ends and darning needle to secure and even out attachment of each ear going thru the inside of the bunny, finish with yarn on inside of bunny, turn inside out again, then tie another secure knot using the other yarn end, trim both ends.
For eyes, nose, whiskers and mouth you can sew them on or use buttons or felt to make these features.