Crochet Snuggle Sack Challenge
It’s now time to start to start submitting your challenge photos.
Challenge Begins September 15 – November 15, 2016
Win 1 of 8 Prizes The Yarn to Make Another Snuggle Sack
We have 8 crochet snuggle sacks in this challenge. Each submission will be filed into the appropriate photo library for the random draws.
One winner will be randomly selected from each of the 8 galleries.
What the Winner Receives
The winner will be contacted and asked which Snuggle Sack they would like to make next. They can choose from any of the 8 designs and we will send you the yarn that goes with it. It can be the same design you did or you can be adventurous and try a different one.
Crocheters usually email us telling us we concentrate on baby, toddlers and grown ups skipping over the school age generation. For this particular series, it addresses something fun and allows children to be excited about something to be handmade. I am expecting to hear stories where kids are trying to get the crocheter to hook faster to get it done.
Each one of the projects uses the Bernat Blanket yarn line by Yarnspirations. The advantage to this particular yarn is that you are essentially creating a customized blanket in a special way that is for kids.
Using an 8 mm or Size L Crochet Hook, these particular projects are pretty quick. The Shark Snuggle Sack took me about 15 hours to crochet from scratch. It’s amazing how fast they will crochet using Bernat Blanket Yarn.
Many of you may think, wow it needs several more balls but what you are creating a three dimensional afghan where the child slips themselves inside. It’s like a sleeping bag.
Designed by the designers of Yarnspirations. Each design is unique for a theme. Considering boys and girls will be using this, thought and concept was given to allow boys to enjoy some of the designs. Many kids may activate their imaginations and create playful story lines using these sleep sacks.
Personally, I am so excited. While the shark is amazing, there’s a few other designs that really brought back my childhood memories and I will share more as they come out. I think the same may happen to you.
Sleep Sacks in this Challenge Are Follows:
Fin-Tastic Shark Sleep and Snuggle Sack
It went super quick and is really awesome! Click the pic to get all of the details.
Blast Off! Snuggle Sack
This easy going rocket is one of my favourites of all of the snuggle sacks. I’m a “Trekky” and I loved the nostalgic feeling to the old time movies for this one.
Bumble Bee Snuggle Sack
You may be buzzing around as you get this project completed. It’s easy to follow along for the body. The wings require more concentration in order to get the shape. Click the pic to get all of the details.
Mermaid Tail Snuggle Sack
Projected to be the most popular, you can made this snuggle sack in a about 9 hours from start to finish. Click the pic to get all of the details. Kid size only for this category.
Pizza Snuggle Sack
Both Adult and Kid size for this Snuggle Sack will be accepted for this challenge. Click the pic to get all of the details.
Ice Cream Snuggle Sack
Personally, this is my most favourite one of the series. It’s so cute in person that it’s makes me teeth hurt in sweetness! Click the pic to get all of the details.
Dino Tail Snuggle Sack
Let’s imaginations ‘rawr’ in excitement with going back to the per-historic days. Click the pic to get all of the details.
Hot Dog Snuggle Sack
Definitely a conversational piece. Get ready for the game with popcorn and hot dogs! Click the pic to get all of the details.
- There is no sign up required to participate. Complete the project and email your photo when you are done. This challenge is open to all Crochet Crowd Community Members.
- You may use any yarn you wish. You may substitute your yarn for any brand or colors that you desire. You may create any color scheme. Use as many or as little colours as you prefer.
- You may do as many projects as you wish. If multiple entries are identical, a picture showing the projects together to prove their are multiple must be included with your submissions.
- We require your photo to show the entire project so we know the entire project is done. The project must be showing all of the project for us to count rows in the picture to ensure the projects are complete. Ensure your project is completely finished with yarn tails and etc not showing. It’s like giving it out as a gift, we want to the see the photo showing as if you were gifting us the finished product. This way we know you are completely done.
- The crocheter must have completed this pattern as is. The work of making these projects are fair and equal to all.
If you are changing your hook size, we are still looking for the pattern to be the same.
- The projects must be the same stitching as indicated in the pattern. Do not disqualify yourself by changing the pattern stitching. Submission of a project equivalent to the project but isn’t the same will not be accepted.
- Crocheters Choice: After your pattern instructions are complete, you may add embellishments, borders and etc to the pattern to push your creativity further.
- All photos must be submitted during the challenge time frame only. Entries after this due date will be accepted for our gallery but there are no prize giveaways after the deadline.
- Your Choice: Post your finished project on The Crochet Crowd Facebook Page to show everyone your finished work so we can drool over your creativity.
- When you email your finished photo to us, we respect your privacy and will only post your first and last name on the picture in our gallery with the photo so we can identify the winner at the end.
- Featuring on Facebook is dependent on you. We do not upload your emailed photos to Facebook. You have to do that yourself if you want to Show N Tell your creativity.
- One random choice for each will be made at the end to select one winner. It’s a lottery system and everyone has a fair chance to win.
- We are not responsible for undelivered email and/or late entries to qualify for the prize.
- Due to the countless technology platforms and services, we are not responsible for any of our challengers if a mobile devices or technology that isn’t compliant to being able to read our website, view our videos and/or get access to the free patterns.
- All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Please verify your entry is in our gallery prior to our draw. We need up to 4 days to get your entry into our gallery. We upload it ourselves as part of our review process. If you do not see your entry, we most likely haven’t received your email. Do not wait until after the draw to check if your entry is in.
This is intended for a fun community challenge only. We each are deserving of the highest praise possible for our own creativity. Let’s have fun.
How to Submit
Please read the guidelines below to understand what we are looking for.
Send your photo to us through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use Subject Line: Snuggle Sack
- In the email leave us the following information.
- Your Full Name
- Your Mailing Address
- We will not be adding your name or email to our database.
We are accepting entries from September 7 – November 15, 2016. Winners will be drawn November 25, 2016.
- We will email you if something is questioned in your photo.
- You will not hear from us if your email didn’t get to us. So if you don’t see your entry after 5 days of submission, it means we haven’t received it.
We require at least 4 days of processing time to accept, review and enter your pictures into our official galleries. Unfortunately, due to things we cannot understand, we don’t always receive emails as our server may not receive your email and/or emails can get lost in cyber space. In the event after 4 days you don’t see your entry put into our gallery. Kindly email us back with the picture once again. If your entry doesn’t qualify, we will contact you. The chances of your picture not in our galleries is most likely your email not being received.
Submission Galleries (Showing Processed Photos)
Galleries are in order of alphabet by the name you have given us. In galleries where submissions are low, you have better odds to win as there is less to do the random draw. Something to think about.