Florida Stitches of Love is an official chapter of Crochet for Cancer Org. http://www.crochetforcancer.org/
- Must be new – never worn
- Clean – free of perfume, pet hair and smoke
- Placed individually in clear ziplock style plastic bags
- Soft yarn is best- cotton, acrylic, silk, fleece or a blend is best. Do not use wool or alpaca as they can irritate the scalp.
- We accept baby, children, youth, and adult hats.
- Please use patterns that do not have gaps or large holes. A tighter stitch is best so that it covers the scalp.
- Be sure to wash your hands on a regular basis while making the caps.
Other Accepted Items:
- In warm weather, 100% cotton, silk or a blend is best. In the cooler months a soft acrylic, fleece or blend is good. DO NOT USE WOOL
- We accept gift cards to purchase yarn and supplies from the following locations: Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, AC Moore Crafts, Wal-Mart, and JoAnn Fabric
- We do not except cash, checks, or financial donations
- We do consider ourselves nonprofit but all donations are not tax deductible and we do not hold A Federal 501(c) tax exempt status.