The Crochet Perdido Baby Blanket uses the corner-to-corner stitching technique. What is different about this one is that there are multiples of completed corner-to-corner squares using strategic colours to be joined together to give a diamond or quilted-looking design.
There is a combination of 36 corner-to-corner squares that make up this nearly 40" afghan square. Once the squares put together, there is a nicely done border to surround it.
This can be done with Caron Simply Soft yarn.
Other Crochet Patterns to Consider
- Crochet Baby Blanket for Beginners
- Crochet Cluster Waves Baby Blanket Pattern
- JOANN Stitch Along Spring 2020 Pattern
- Crochet C2C Beginner Graphghans + Tutorial
- Crochet Snowflake Baby Blanket Pattern
If you are looking to go beyond 1 major corner to corner square and spruce up your design with abstract colours, this may be up your alley.
See a tutorial very similar to this technique.