Crocodile Stitch Afghans
The Crocodile Stitch Blanket is a really popular stitch due to the texture, appearance and thickness of a final look it provides.
I am providing you several resources with today's article.
- Full written pattern with crochet diagram included.
- Alternative suggestions of other yarns with their quantities required.
- Afghan Chain Counts
More Crocodile Stitch Patterns
- Crochet Crocodile Stitch Rio Scarf
- Crocodile Stitch Applique
- Crocodile Stitch Technique
- What To Do with Bernat Premium Tweeds
- Crocodile Stitch Topiary Tree
Alternative Yarn Choices
The baby afghan version uses 7 Bernat Baby Softee Yarn Balls. Total yardage is 2,534. Here is a list of other brands within the Yarnspirations family of yarns to consider. I have worked out the ball counts for you to make it easier for you. These are for the solid colours of each line as variegated are usually shorter in yardage.
- 3.25 Caron One Pound Balls
- 6 Bernat Super Saver
- 7 Bernat Baby Coordinates
- 8 Caron Simply Soft
- 13 Bernat Satin
- 14 Bernat Giggles
- 14 Bernat L'il Tots
Afghan Width Sizes - Starting Chain Counts
Assumptions - 1 Scale = 1.5" wide-spanning 6 chains. Chain counts below are in multiples of 6. The goal if this information is to give you the starting chain counts. You will need to figure out how much yarn you will need to accomplish the finished project.
- Scarf, 6" wide = Chain 30
- Baby, 36" wide = Chain 144
- Twin, 39" wide = Chain 162
- Throw, 60" wide = Chain 246