Crochet Your Own Sweet Treat Baskets
How adorable are these cutie patootie Easter baskets? Our very own Cathy Cunningham made the pattern.
Sweet idea as a mini gift. Another cool idea to add to a wreath or center piece. Over all, one hundred adorable points for her idea!
The baskets are almost 2″ tall!
Ch – Chain, SC – Single Crochet, st -stitch, SL ST – Slip Stitch, BEG – Beginning, TOG – Together, RSC – Reverse Single Crochet
What you Need
- Size G Crochet Hook or 4.5 MM
- Lily Sugar and Cream or Bernat handicraft 4 ply cotton yarn but you can substitute any 4ply yarn you have on hand.
- Note: Ch 1 doesn’t count as st going forward
- Ch 4 and SL ST to the Beg Ch to form a ring (you can use a magic circle here instead for this step if you prefer.)
- Rnd 1: Ch1, then SC 7 times around ring, SL ST at the end to the top of the BEG Ch 1 (7st)
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, then 2 SC into the same joining stitch and in each st around, SL ST at the end to the top of the BEG Ch 1 (14st)
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, 1 SC into the same joining stitch, 2 SC in next st, repeat around then SL ST at the end to the top of the Beg Ch 1 (21st)
- Rnd 4: *Ch 1, 1 SC into the same joining stitch and in each st around, SL ST at the end to the top of the BEG Ch 1**, repeat from * to ** for rounds 5-9 (21st)
- Rnd 10: RSC around, tie off, weave in end.
- Attach yarn through the outside of basket under RSC and over the top of the side of the basket with a SL ST, Ch 16 then SL ST to other side of basket..Tie off, weave in ends.