What To Do With Bernat Softee Chunky Yarn
The best thing about Bernat Softee Chunky is the availability of this yarn. It's like everywhere! Way back in the dinosaur ages, this same name yarn wasn't as thick. However, Yarnspirations listened to the public and people wanted it thicker! So they re-engineered the yarn to be much thicker and give it a whack of beautiful colours to enjoy.
Overall, I really do enjoy Bernat Softee Chunky. To me, it's reliable, easy to pick up in a store near me and does superb projects.
I recently did a project with this yarn. I enjoy how it feels. I also appreciate the extra bulk it provides. Using bulky yarn can speed up projects. Some of the suggestions below have tutorials to follow if you want extra help.
See All Colour Choices
See all colour choices for this yarn at: Available Yarn Colours
With excellent stitch definition, super bulky Bernat Softee Chunky knits or crochets quickly for fast projects.
- Great stitch definition
- Thick, Warm 3-Ply Yarn
- Content: 100% Acrylic
- Ball Size - Solids: 100g / 3.5 oz, 99 meters / 108 yards
- Ball Size - Ombres: 80g / 2.8 oz, 70 meters / 77 yards
- Care: Machine wash and dry
- Gauge: 6 - Super Bulky
- Knitting Gauge: 11 sts and 14 rows with a 8 mm (U.S. 11) knitting needle
- Crochet Gauge: 8 sc and 9 rows with a 8 mm (U.S. L/11) crochet hook
- Use for: Knit and crochet garments, accessories, home decor
Click the pic to get free patterns. All of them are free. I have marked the ones that have matching free tutorials.