What To Do With Bernat Super Value Yarn
Bernat Super Value Yarn has been my lifetime staple of yarn. I’ve used Bernat Super Value the most in all of my projects prior to starting up The Crochet Crowd. Today, it continues to be one of my favourites in quality, colours and reliability of being available.
- What To Do With Caron Kindness Yarn?
- What To Do With Bernat Mix Baby Yarn
- What To Do With Bernat Satin Yarn
It’s an everyday yarn, priced for the everyday crocheter, just like me. Bernat was originally a Canadian Yarn Company and then ended up being bought out by Spinrite LP. Bernat is the last name of the original family that started the yarn company. Yarnspiraitons is also Canadian today and the continued tradition of using the Bernat name in yarn just makes a lot of sense.
This yarn is 100% Acrylic. In 2016, the yarn fibers were reformulated to be even softer. I had chosen Bernat Super Value well before The Crochet Crowd as it was softer than competitors yarn of the same consistency and value. It was priced a little bit higher but the softness was worth it to me. It didn’t feel like you were crocheting with cardboard and didn’t need to watch it to get it to loosen up when you were done. While today it may not be the cheapest yarn for the value level, you get what you pay for and softness is definitely a big plus with this yarn.
In Canadian Walmarts, they have Bernat Premium. It is the Super Value but using Premium grade acrylic. So it’s even softer, much softer. Again, a little bit more money than the original, but worth it as well.
At the time of writing this article, there are 73 shades in this colour line. Places like A.C. Moore in the USA carry a large colour palette of this yarn. Of course though, you can find the complete colour line for purchase on Yarnspirations.com.
See All Colour Choices
See all colour choices for this yarn at: Available Yarn Colours
Available in a huge shade range that includes solids, ombres, and heathers, Bernat Super Value is the essential worsted weight yarn for a wide variety of projects.
- Easy care, long-wearing premium acrylic yarn
- Content: 100% acrylic
- Ball Size – Solids/Ragg/Heathers: 197g / 7 oz, 389 meters / 426 yards
- Ball Size – Ombres: 142g / 5 oz, 251 meters / 275 yards
- Care: Machine wash and dry
- Gauge: 4 – Worsted
- Knitting Gauge: 18 sts and 24 rows with a 5 mm (U.S. 8) knitting needle
- Crochet Gauge: 13 sc and 14 rows with a 5 mm (U.S. H/8) crochet hook
- Use for: Knit and crochet home decor, garments, and accessories