Crochet Study of Transition & Texture Afghan
The Crochet Study of Transition & Texture Afghan is a simpler textured based project. As an educator, sometimes I just want to crochet for myself without the pressure. So I looked at the Red Heart Colorscape and thought to myself, what can I do with this yarn and satisfy with my need to crochet without a lot of thought after I have learned the design and just hook and be happy in my own free time.
Originally, I was just going to do criss-cross stitch for the entire afghan but I thought to myself, I’m more creative than that. So I thought to myself, after using 3 balls, what if I add a secondary colour and a different stitch pattern for that specific colour. Thus, I recalled the zig-zag basketweave from my childhood. I thought it’s an easy stitch to follow to satisfy my need to keep myself busy without pressure. So I figured, I would use 3 balls just for the new stitch and then switch back.
The afghan is in 5 visual sections. 3 of the sections are using Red Heart Colorscape Barcelonia and the other 2 are using Shanghai.
- Crochet Planet Earth Crochet Along
- Crochet Festive Texture Afghan + Tutorial
- Corner to Corner Afghan + Video Tutorial
- Crochet Neutral Afghan Pattern + Tutorial
- 6 Halloween Ideas + Amazing Crochet Top Hat
- Multiples for this project are 4 + 1.
- I would encourage you to move from ball to ball within the same colour to match. You don’t need to waste yarn. Insert it into the project where the colouring is close to the same.
- Each section is made up of just using 3 balls fully. So there are no number of rows given. Use up what you have to prevent wasting of yarn.