This easy to crochet baby blanket is called the Bundle in Blue Blanket. Originally light and with fingering yarn by Patons Beehive Baby Yarn, this yarn is designed for being gentle to the touch and super easy on the eyes.
For my tutorial below, I substituted with Bernat Li'l Tots yarn. I increased the hook to size H, 5 mm hook and using this yarn, I can make the project go quicker. Though it doesn't look like the same refined pattern, today's crocheter likes quick and easy projects. So this pattern would definitely be one of those.
More Fun Ideas
- Crochet Popcorn Box Snuggle Sack + Tutorial
- Crochet Flying Fish Water Balloons
- Crochet Pebble Texture Cowl
- Crochet Faux Popcorn Cowl
- Crochet Simply Soft Stripes Afghan + Tutorial
- How Many Stitches to Add for Multiples in Starting Chains
I teach you how to change the size of the afghan by giving you the multiples involved so you can customize this stitch to match your needs.
A similar baby blanket called the Baby Afghan is close to this design but is lacier in appearance. This one is more compact for those who prefer a more solid look and feel than a baby blanket.