Crochet Caron Cakes Woven Scarf
Using Caron Cakes, you can also make a Crochet Woven Scarf that provides texture and dimension to the scarf. If you prefer the infinity scarf you can stitch together the ends.
This woven scarf is one of those scarves where you work on the back and front posts to create a ripple look. By reversing yourself on the posts, you can create an amazing woven look for your crochet work. See how I did this terrific scarf.
- Crochet Easy Shells Wrap + Tutorial
- Crochet Chunky Fingerless Gloves + Tutorial
- Crochet 2/4 Years Mittens Pattern
- Crochet Woven Scarf Pattern
- Crochet Generous Scarf Pattern
The scarf dimensions are about 68″ long x 5″ wide. The stitch multiple is 4 + 1.
- 1 ball of Caron Cakes yarn, 7.1 oz or 200 g ball. Colour used is called “Cake Pop”.
- Size J Crochet Hook or 6.0 MM
This pattern is simple but it requires you to understand watching the repeat pattern. As soon as you understand it, you will be able to do this complete scarf without having to refer to the directions below. The directions below match the above diagram.
FPDC (Front Post Double Crochet) VIDEO
BPDC (Back Post Double Crochet) VIDEO
- CH 21
- Row 1 – DC 4th CH from Hook, DC in all remaining stitches. turn.
- Row 2 – CH 2, *FPDC 1st 2 stitches, BPDC next 2 Stitches, Repeat *. The last stitch gets HDC. Turn
- Row 3 – CH 2, 1st stitch BPDC, *FPDC next 2 stitches, BPDC next 2, Repeat from *, 2nd last stitch is BPDC, Final Stitch is HDC. Turn.
- Row 4 – CH 2, *BPDC 1st 2 Stitches, FPDC next 2 Stitches, Repeat *. The last stitch gets HDC. Turn.
- Row 5 – CH 2, 1st stitch FPDC, *BPDC next two stitches, FPDC next two stitches, Repeat *. 2nd last stitch gets FPDC, Final Stitch gets HDC. Turn.
- Repeat STEP 3 – STEP 6 for the remainder of this project using the entire Caron Cake. Fasten off and weave in ends when done.
Tutorial using Bernat Mosaic below is the same scarf.
Crochet Scarf Pattern Ideas