Crochet Woven Scarf
This Crochet-Woven-Scarf Pattern is one of those scarves where you work on the back and front posts to create a ripple look. By reversing yourself on the posts, you can create an amazing woven look for your crochet work. See how I did this terrific scarf.
More Crochet Patterns to Consider
- Crochet Butterfly Stitch Scarf Pattern(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Crochet Caron Cakes Woven Scarf + Tutorial(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Crochet Wrister Mittens Pattern
- Crochet Long Wavy Wristers Pattern
- Crochet Camel Stitch
- Crochet Posy Scarf Pattern
- Crochet Visor Peak Pattern
- 2 ball of Bernat Mosaic Yarn, 3.5 oz or 100 g ball. The Colour used is called “Vivid”.
- Size J Crochet Hook or 6.0 MM
This pattern is simple but it requires you to understand watching the repeat pattern. As soon as you understand it, you will be able to do this complete scarf without having to refer to the directions below. The directions below match the above diagram.
FPDC (Front Post Double Crochet) VIDEO
BPDC (Back Post Double Crochet) VIDEO
- CH 21
- Row 1 – DC 4th CH from Hook, DC in all remaining stitches. turn.
- Row 2 – CH 2, *FPDC 1st 2 stitches, BPDC next 2 Stitches, Repeat *. The last stitch gets HDC. Turn
- Row 3 – CH 2, 1st stitch BPDC, *FPDC next 2 stitches, BPDC next 2, Repeat from *, 2nd last stitch is BPDC, Final Stitch is HDC. Turn.
- Row 4 – CH 2, *BPDC 1st 2 Stitches, FPDC next 2 Stitches, Repeat *. The last stitch gets HDC. Turn.
- Row 5 – CH 2, 1st stitch FPDC, *BPDC next two stitches, FPDC next two stitches, Repeat *. 2nd last stitch gets FPDC, Final Stitch gets HDC. Turn.
- Repeat STEP 3 – STEP 6 for the remainder of this project. Use two balls of Bernat Mosaic Vivid. Fasten off and weave in ends when done.
Crochet Scarf Pattern Ideas
by Michael Sellick – The Crochet Crowd
Comments on “Crochet Woven Scarf Pattern”
No blue button
I’m having a terrible time with this. Does the ch 2 count as a st or not? It’d also be super helpful to have a stitch count for each row.
That was one of the first patterns I wrote. Let me retire this pattern. I don’t remember as it was so long ago. I didn’t record the stitch counts. It’s probably better I just axe this pattern so it don’t cause confusion.
I tried to print this pattern but rows 4-6 did not print.
I like to have the printed pattern to take with me because I don’t always have access to a computer.
Can you help me?
I have to write a downloadable PDF if you want to directly download it. Let me schedule some time to write a PDF so you can easily do this.
Is there a written pattern for crochet woven scarf? Love your tutorials Mikey!
Sorry, we were experiencing technical issues earlier today. This should be up and ready for you now. – Michael
If you wanted to make this pattern into a blanket what would the multiple be?
Can you recommend an alternate yarn to obtain the same striping?
Im on day two of trying to get this pattern started. My front posts are going straight up not on a diagonal.
I’ve tried chaining 22 & dc in 4th chain from hook, chaining of 21, dc in 3rd chain from hook.
Row 2 ends with 2 BPCD I end up with 2 FPDC. Does the HDC go in the last DC or the top of the turning chain?
I know the posts need to be offset by one to get the diagonal pattern. I’m totally lost on this simple pattern. HELP!
I’d try to diagram but don’t have the confidence yet and probably would end up with the same issue.
I found the video. Would recommend that you mention it or have a hot link on the pattern page. I know what I was unclear about and am sailing along now thanks to the great tutorial. Here is the link
The clarity of the videos make me willing to try post stitching (again). Thanks for that.
Very nice. I have been trying to find this yarn. I almost wonder if the color “vivid” is incorrect. Here it is on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Spinrite-164144-44420-Mosaic-Yarn-Vivid/dp/B007P573VM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413955478&sr=8-1&keywords=Bernat+Mosaic+Yarn+vivid
I would love to have some of this yarn. I would appreciate any help in finding it. Thank you for your time. Leah
I read on another site this yarn has been discontinued. Hate that it is beautiful.
Unfortunately it has been.
Comments are closed.