The twist is not just the band twisted and sewn into position. There is actually a separation of 2 rows between two sections. The sections are crossed over and then continued to crochet to the end. This prevents the twist from shifting or moving to keep the seam at the back of the head.
It's pretty easy and straightforward. There are two versions of this in the one pattern, the tutorials below will be demonstrating each version.
More Pattern Ideas
- Crochet Christmas Ornament Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Holiday Balls Throw Pattern
- Crochet Plaid Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Teen / Adult Bun Hat + Tutorial
- Crochet Zig Zag Hat Pattern