Introducing the Stitch Along Trio
Introducing the Bernat Blanket Ripple Afghan. This blanket has 3 center granny motifs and grows outward down and then across. This afghan was made up of 6 different sections to oversee a stitch along. Now, the pattern is altogether in one mega download for your convenience.
Michael of The Crochet Crowd taught this afghan for Joann Fabrics & Crafts. In cooperation with Yarnspirations. It was a 3 part team effort by everyone here behind the scenes.
Tips & Advice
8 mm / L Hook. For me personally though, to match gauge, I jumped up to 10 mm / N Hook and my afghan sits flat. Be sure to check the gauge. Gauge is: 7 sc and 8 rows = 4″ [10 cm].
This afghan is rectangular approximately 56 x 62″.
Colour D is the dominant colour that will reflect most on your afghan. So whatever your desires for the main colour, be sure it’s Colour D in the pattern.
Win 1 of 5 Boxes of Yarn
Submit us a finished photograph of your Bernat Blanket Stitch Along.
- There is no sign up required to participate. Complete the project and email your photo when you are done. This challenge is open to all Crochet Crowd Community Members.
- You may use any yarn you wish. You may create any colour scheme. Use as many or as little colours as you prefer.
- You may do as many projects as you wish. If multiple entries are identical, a picture showing the projects together to prove there are multiple must be included with your submissions.
- We require your photo to show the entire project so we know the entire project is done. Ensure your project is completely finished with yarn tails and etc not showing. It’s like giving it out as a gift, we want to the see the photo showing as if you were gifting us the finished product. This way we know you are completely done.
If you are changing your hook size or yarn, we are still looking for the pattern to be the same.
- All photos must be submitted during the challenge time frame only. Entries after this due date will be accepted for our gallery but there are no prize giveaways after the deadline.
- Your Choice: Post your finished project on The Crochet Crowd Facebook Page to show everyone your finished work so we can drool over your creativity.
- When you email your finished photo to us, we respect your privacy and will only post your first and last name on the picture in our gallery with the photo so we can identify the winner at the end.
- Featuring on Facebook is dependent on you. We do not upload your emailed photos to Facebook. You have to do that yourself if you want to Show N Tell your creativity.
- We are not responsible for undelivered email and/or late entries to qualify for the prize.
- Due to the countless technology platforms and services, we are not responsible for any of our challengers if mobile devices or technology that isn’t compliant to being able to read our website, view our videos and/or get access to the free patterns.
- All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Please verify your entry is in our gallery prior to our draw. We need up to 4 days to get your entry into our gallery. We upload it ourselves as part of our review process. If you do not see your entry, we most likely haven’t received your email. Do not wait until after the draw to check if your entry is in.
This is intended for a fun community challenge only. We each are deserving of the highest praise possible for our own creativity. Let’s have fun.
How to Submit
Please read the guidelines below to understand what we are looking for.
Send your photo to us through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use Subject Line: Bernat Blanket Stitch Along
- In the email leave us the following information.
- Your Full Name
- Your Mailing Address
- We will not be adding your name or email to our database.
We are accepting entries from Oct 22, 2018, to Nov 30, 2018, at 11:00 pm ADT. Winners will be drawn on Dec 7, 2018.
- We will email you if something is questioned in your photo.
- You will not hear from us if your email didn’t get to us. So if you don’t see your entry after 4 days of submission, it means we haven’t received it.
We require at least 4 days of processing time to accept, review and enter your pictures into our official galleries. Unfortunately, due to things we cannot understand, we don’t always receive emails as our server may not receive your email and/or emails can get lost in cyberspace. In the event after 4 days, you don’t see your entry put into our gallery. Kindly email us back with the picture once again. If your entry doesn’t qualify, we will contact you. The chances of your picture not in our galleries are most likely your email not being received.
Submission Gallery Can Be Found Here on Flickr Directly
Here is a preview that is on Flickr.
Other Stitch Alongs We Have Done