Introducing the Stitch Along Trio
Introducing the Bernat Blanket Ripple Afghan. This blanket has 3 center granny motifs and grows outward down and then across. This afghan was made up of 6 different sections to oversee a stitch along. Now, the pattern is altogether in one mega download for your convenience.
Michael of The Crochet Crowd taught this afghan for Joann Fabrics & Crafts. In cooperation with Yarnspirations. It was a 3 part team effort by everyone here behind the scenes.
Tips & Advice
8 mm / L Hook. For me personally though, to match gauge, I jumped up to 10 mm / N Hook and my afghan sits flat. Be sure to check the gauge. Gauge is: 7 sc and 8 rows = 4″ [10 cm].
This afghan is rectangular approximately 56 x 62″.
Colour D is the dominant colour that will reflect most on your afghan. So whatever your desires for the main colour, be sure it’s Colour D in the pattern.
Win 1 of 5 Boxes of Yarn
Submit us a finished photograph of your Bernat Blanket Stitch Along.
- There is no sign up required to participate. Complete the project and email your photo when you are done. This challenge is open to all Crochet Crowd Community Members.
- You may use any yarn you wish. You may create any colour scheme. Use as many or as little colours as you prefer.
- You may do as many projects as you wish. If multiple entries are identical, a picture showing the projects together to prove there are multiple must be included with your submissions.
- We require your photo to show the entire project so we know the entire project is done. Ensure your project is completely finished with yarn tails and etc not showing. It’s like giving it out as a gift, we want to the see the photo showing as if you were gifting us the finished product. This way we know you are completely done.
If you are changing your hook size or yarn, we are still looking for the pattern to be the same.
- All photos must be submitted during the challenge time frame only. Entries after this due date will be accepted for our gallery but there are no prize giveaways after the deadline.
- Your Choice: Post your finished project on The Crochet Crowd Facebook Page to show everyone your finished work so we can drool over your creativity.
- When you email your finished photo to us, we respect your privacy and will only post your first and last name on the picture in our gallery with the photo so we can identify the winner at the end.
- Featuring on Facebook is dependent on you. We do not upload your emailed photos to Facebook. You have to do that yourself if you want to Show N Tell your creativity.
- We are not responsible for undelivered email and/or late entries to qualify for the prize.
- Due to the countless technology platforms and services, we are not responsible for any of our challengers if mobile devices or technology that isn’t compliant to being able to read our website, view our videos and/or get access to the free patterns.
- All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Please verify your entry is in our gallery prior to our draw. We need up to 4 days to get your entry into our gallery. We upload it ourselves as part of our review process. If you do not see your entry, we most likely haven’t received your email. Do not wait until after the draw to check if your entry is in.
This is intended for a fun community challenge only. We each are deserving of the highest praise possible for our own creativity. Let’s have fun.
How to Submit
Please read the guidelines below to understand what we are looking for.
Send your photo to us through email to [email protected]
- Use Subject Line: Bernat Blanket Stitch Along
- In the email leave us the following information.
- Your Full Name
- Your Mailing Address
- We will not be adding your name or email to our database.
We are accepting entries from Oct 22, 2018, to Nov 30, 2018, at 11:00 pm ADT. Winners will be drawn on Dec 7, 2018.
- We will email you if something is questioned in your photo.
- You will not hear from us if your email didn’t get to us. So if you don’t see your entry after 4 days of submission, it means we haven’t received it.
We require at least 4 days of processing time to accept, review and enter your pictures into our official galleries. Unfortunately, due to things we cannot understand, we don’t always receive emails as our server may not receive your email and/or emails can get lost in cyberspace. In the event after 4 days, you don’t see your entry put into our gallery. Kindly email us back with the picture once again. If your entry doesn’t qualify, we will contact you. The chances of your picture not in our galleries are most likely your email not being received.
Submission Gallery Can Be Found Here on Flickr Directly
Here is a preview that is on Flickr.
- Popular post
Comments on “Stitch Along: Bernat Blanket Ripple Afghan Pattern + Tutorial”
No blue button
I’m just now starting this pattern and I am having trouble with the first part. Doing the double crochet in the ring x 3 and then chain two. My last corner isn’t looking like a corner. Where can I get help? TIA.
Please clarify: For the contest with this Mystery Blanket Trio, we send in our finished photo to your email. But do we have to be an actual member of your Crochet Crowd Community to participate, and not just following your Facebook page? How do we do that? I’ve sent my photo twice but it does not show on your Flicker page, is that because I need to be a member? Thank you for your help and great tutorials!
Morning… We have received 2 emails from you but they are not the Bernat Blanket Stitch Along. You don’t have to be a member. Just do the project. Your picture is in the Summer Stitch Along as that’s what the project is. Was sent on Sept 21st.
Thank you for your response. I’m so sorry to be a bother, I know you are super busy. I am confused, since I have only completed one stitch along with you, and I have only sent an email on Oct 26, and Oct 30. My photo is of Bernat Ripple Blanket (purple and green), Basket and Pillow. It is the same blanket as pictures I see here on this site. Maybe there are 2 people with my name? I am really enjoying my blanket!
This new mystery blanket is beautiful. I can see that the centre doesn’t have to be three flower granny squares. It can be altered to be more or less if people want to create a huge blanket. I am just curious what the size of the completed blanket is?
Loved this pattern. It looked Native American to me, so I used gold, sage. red and dusty blue in cotton yarn with K (6.5mm) hook. Just finishing week 5, can’t wait to finish this. Thanks so much for the left-handed videos.
I received your newsletter once a month not every week. I missed first 4 weeks of this video. Will you please send me every week, not once a month?
Our schedule is erratic. Some weeks, we don’t put out a newsletter. Depends on Daniel’s schedule as he is designing other content. So you haven’t really missed anything in the timeline. The tutorial videos are grouped together on our YouTube Channel for this project. Here is the URL for that. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbHEcdQw1SaQONqZ_VeVhYybZlS8pXcLV
Could the afghan be made with the Bernat Velvet yarn instead of the Bernat Blanket yarn?
Yes it could be done.
It sounds like a jarring combination of colors but actually works nicely. I am doing mine in antique white, grey, coal, and race car red (which is actually a pinkish red..like the red in Lipstick On My Collar).
I am using a purple palette: arctic white, light lilac, medium lilac, and purple to match a comforter I have had for years.
I am working on the bernat blanket stitch along for fall I am really enjoying learning so many new things. I have completed both weeks but it is really rippley. And i think it should be flat. what can i do to fix?
Unable to download the pattern for bernat velvet pillow. Got the first one. Keep the good work. From Australia
Where can I download the bernat velvet pillow pattern. Was able to get the frist pattern but not the second one. Please help!
Where is the link for the pillows pattern to down load?
I love working with Bernat Blanket yarn. I am looking forward to this cal. Can you please do a left hand video. I was also wondering if bernat extra and bernat big were similar size, I cant find bernat extra so I was hoping to use the other one. I live in Canada
Hi can you please put up a left handed version of the crochet along? I am so excited to do this crochet along. I love working with this yarn. Thank you
Doing that now. Sorry I was on vacation.
Do we purchase all the same type of yarn or is it mixed ?
I can’t find Bernat Blanket Extra at my local craft store I did find something called Bernat Big. Are they similar?
Have you taken a look at Joann’s Fabric and Crafts? I just took a look at their website and they have it. I hope that is helpful in your search for the yarn.
Do we need to purchase all the types of yarn listed or are we to choose our preference?
Please post suggested Colo grouoings… I can’t match colors lol
so am i correct in that we need a total of 9 skeins of yarn for the entire “Trio CAL” ? and of course a 8 MM hook if we don’t already have one in that size ? i’m trying to figure up the cost. It’s sad that i have to do that but i’m on a rather tight budget.
well i just landed on a page that said registration is closed for this CAL oh well… it was fun i guess. LOL
As far as I know, there was no registration.
I think I counted 12. Which in Canada will run at minimum $120
Hi Deborah There are 3 projects coming for the Bernat Blanket Fall 2018 SAL with JOANN Fabrics & Crafts.
The afghan requires 8 total balls of Bernat Blanket yarn (the 300 g size)
four colors is the suggested color amount You need 3 for your main color, 2 for your second & third and your fourth color you need 1 ball
There are 2 side projects if you are interested
Basket – 2 Balls of Bernat Blanket Extra
Pillow – 2 Balls of Bernat Velvet
Where do we get the pattern for the side projects.
Shop the sales. I never pay full price for yarn unless it is an emergency!
What alternative colour can one use if they can’t find Aubergine? I have looked at Michaels and another site but they don’t carry it. Jo-ann doesn’t ship to Canada, so ideas would help
I got my yarn at Michael’s on a coupon and since they don’t have Aubergine I switched my color scheme altogether. I also couldn’t find the Burgundy in velvet so I went with navy blues.
What is the starting date? Very excited!!!!
Mikey, in one of your articles about the JoAnn Stitch Along you suggested using a 10 mm hook instead of an 8. I crochet pretty tight so this would be a good fit for me. If I do this, would I need extra yarn?
If I’m not mistaken you shouldn’t need more yarn as the increase in hook size allows you to get the proper guage which is why he increased the size of his hook in the first place. ?
Color choices for blanket indicate dominate color is Burgundy Plum but I have checked Joann’s website and there is no Burgundy Plum in the color choices although they do have it in the Blanket Extra and Blanket Velvet. Any suggestions?
Michael’s has the Burgundy Plum but not the Aubergine. I just picked different colors for mine, but if you want the Burgundy I know Michael’s has it.
Would be nice to show a picture of the finished projects so we would know if we want to crochet along
It’s a mystery. Each week a new “clue” is revealed. You can wait. Until the crochet along is over and then decide to do it at your own pace. That’s what I usually do if I’m super busy working on other projects.
Cant wait for this. Will have to order in the yarn now so it gets to New Zealand on time!!
Thank you so much. I now know exactly what I need to buy.
Thank you so much! I have a ton of Bernat Blanket! Hopefully I can get the velvet and extra to match what I have?
Comments are closed.