Sugar & Shine Baby’s First Afghan
Size G Crochet Hook or 4.5 MM
4 Balls – Bernat Baby Coordinates Yarn, 100 g or 3.5 oz Balls
2 Balls – Bernat Satin Yarn, 100 g or 3.5 oz Balls
Afghan is smaller in this photo than the finished size as this pattern indicates. This photo is to give you a representation on how subtle and sweet the colours are. Normal baby afghans measure about 38″ – 40″ in size.
- CH 4 and SL ST to the BEG chain to form ring.
- CH 3 (counts as 1 double crochet), 2 DC into the ring. CH 1, 3 DC into the Ring, CH 1, 3 DC into the ring, CH 1, 3 DC into the ring, CH 1 and SL ST to the top of the CH 3 that started the row.
- CH 3 (counts as 1 double crochet), 1 DC into the corner gap under the CH 3, * DC into each ST. On corner gap, 2 DC, 1 CH, 2 DC into the space spot. Repeat from * all the way around. Final corner will have 2 DC, CH 1 and SL ST to the top of the CH 3 that started the row.
- Change colour if desired by fastening off and casting on new colour. Repeat Step 3 until your blanket gets to 38″ – 40″ square. Each rotation will get bigger and more space between the corners.
- Fasten Off – Add more balls if you would like it bigger.