Crochet your Doll Clothes
Does your little one play with those very popular 18″ dolls? I know some people like to buy them and put them on a shelf or even worse, just leave them in a box. I really don’t understand that concept unless you don’t have a child who would love to play with the doll. I spent many hours as a little girl changing the clothes of my dolls. Isn’t that what dolls are for? They encourage creativity and imagination! Let your child play with the dolls! And while your at it, why not crochet up a few cute outfits for them too? Doll clothes are usually pretty easy and don’t take my yarn, so it they can also be a stash buster.
Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Chevron Dress would match pretty good with Mikey’s video of Chevron Chic Baby Dress or if you need a bigger size, check Child’s Chevron Dress.
- Patterned Tank Top easy to make worked top-down and seamless.
- Bedtime for Dolls pretty nightgown, bed socks and headband.
- Shawl/Wrap nice to make to match your doll’s favorite outfit.
- Sausalito Shell Stitch Cardigan & Hat pretty little set.
- Ruffled Sleeveless Sweater & Skirt the sweater can be worn two different ways.
- Nighty, Robe & Slippers I love all these matching pieces.
- Western Set includes hat, vest and backpack.
- Walking the Dog for Dolls includes coat, ear flap hat, wristers and boots.
- A Colorful Coat for Dolly just as the name says, super pretty.
- Poncho for You & Me a matching set for your doll and child.
Be creative! 🙂 – Jeanne – The Crochet Crowd