Mother of All Yarn Sales
Crocheters and knitters have asked for it, Spinrite Factory Outlet has heard you… and now is the time to mark your calendars for the tent sale!
Spinrite Factory Outlet presents, “Mother of All Yarn Sales” in Little Washington, North Carolina opening May 4 – 9, 2015. That’s right, the week before Mother’s Day and thus being called the “Mother of All Yarn Sales”!
Last September was a trial period to determine if this should be a yearly event of clearing out the factory. Spinrite Yarns LP owns Caron Yarns. The location is just outside the doors of the Caron Yarns Plan in Little Washington, North Carolina. Literally, they just wheel the boxes out of the door and set up the tent of discontinued and/or over stocked yarn.
It takes a day to unpack 30+ Skids of yarn and to put it all on display ready for the knitters and crocheters to go yarn wild in the tent.
- Caron Yarns
- 1481 West 2nd Street, Washington North Carolina, 27889
- GPS know this address as State Road 1401
New for This Year
Mikey and Diva Dan are back this year for another week of fun at the tent.
This year, the entire tent will be dedicated 100% to yarn. That’s right… balls to the walls baybee!! You will be high on yarn fumes if the prices don’t make ya high already!
Caron Yarns as well as Bernat and Patons has yarns they must clear. Prices are slashed to clear. They need to make room in the warehouse and must get rid of the stock. This is where shopping turns into savings for crocheters and knitters.
Like always, the only limit to what you buy is your vehicle and/or spending budget. The tent team is always willing to lend a hand to get it to your vehicle.
Knitters and Crocheters Yarn Park
We will have a special exhibit on display that has not been seen with consumer eyes before. What is it? I cannot say!
This year, we will have a dedicated meet and greet yarn tent set up with tables and chairs to sit with Mikey to crochet throughout the week.
Come and stitch’n bitch, hang out and meet new friends all week long.
A Happy Hooker’s Pin
Receive a free Official Happy Hooker’s Pin if you bring with you a finished World’s Largest Christmas Stocking Square.
- Can be knit or crocheted square measuring 36″ x 36″ in any yarn.
- The square can be any stitch and/or design. Ensure your design isn’t too lacy as it will be attached to a massive stocking and hung up.
- Get a picture of your square(s) with Mikey where Diva Dan will add your submission to our official Crochet Crowd Gallery.
- Complete as many as you like. If you can make up to 5, we would love it! The more you complete, the easier it may be to find your square in amongst the 1000’s it will take to make the stocking.
- Be part of the World Guinness Book of Records with your submission.
- Be part of participating in charity as your finished square will be donated to someone in need after the exhibit if finished.
- 1 Pin per Person
Need Ideas for Your Square… Here are Some Free Patterns
- Stocking Block Square – crochet
- Garter Stitch Square – knit
- Graphic Garter Stitch Square – knit
- Big Granny Square – crochet
- Granny Square Block Square – crochet
- Nine Block Square – crochet
- Sweet and Stripey Square – knit
- Seed Stitch Square – crochet
- Knit Blanket Square – knit
- Another Knit Blanket Square – knit
- One Piece Blanket Square – crochet
- American Square – crochet (Mikey’s Design)
- Simple Baby Granny Square – crochet (Mikey’s Design)
Again, the above are free patterns and ideas. As long as your square is 36″ x 36″ in any design and/or yarn, it will be accepted an official entry(ies).
Let’s see your creativity thrive and you can take your rightful place as being a contributor to the world’s largest stocking. Learn More About This Project.
Knit and Hook Stitch Out – Friday May 8th
Join us for an evening starting at 5 pm – 7 pm for a Knit and Hook Stitch Out Session with Mikey and the gang.
- Bring a lawn chair.
- Bring some dinner with you or something to snack on.
- Bring your latest WIPs (Work in Progress) and/or start a new project.
- Make new friends and gossip about yarn and anything yarn related.
- Crocheters and knitters are usually glad to share skills they know. Ask questions and maybe we can help solve issues together.
- If it’s raining, this will be cancelled.
See Some Pics from Last Year
See A Fun Video That Happened Last Year