Crochet Mountains Corners to Corner (C2C) Pictorial Squares for Afghans
While we are cruising up the inside passage on the ship. You see incredible views. Catch it on the C2C Square Mountains.
Use your own colour schemes and ideas. If doing these for charity, use 100% Acrylic Yarn.
Yarn & Hook Suggestion
- For charity work use only 100% Acrylic Yarn.
- Suggestions such as Caron One Pound, Caron Simply Soft, Bernat Super Value and etc.
- 5.5 mm or I Hook.
- For Crochet Cruisers only, please follow our suggested yarn and hook size so you match each other on the cruise.
C2C Square Sizes
- 26 boxes wide by 26 boxes high.
- 20.5″ x 20.5″ without border.
- With optional 2 rounds of border, squares are 22″ x 22″.
How to follow the graphs. Use this lesson to learn how to follow and change colours. For more C2C Pictorial Graph Patterns, check out Repeat Crafter Me C2C Patterns as she has many designs.
For those attending the Crochet Cruises, please only use our designs as they are 26 boxes x 26 boxes using an 5.5 mm or I Crochet Hook. The cruisers will be exchanging with each other and sizes must be close to each other.
For the Crochet Cruisers, we are asking you put a border on each of your squares, we have 2 rounds to be added using only white. Be sure it’s white, not off-white, vintage white… just straight up white.
Using White Yarn only.
- Fasten on to any corner of your C2C Square. Ch 1, sc in same sp as join. Ch 2, sc in same space as join. Ch 2, * sc in space between the 2 groups of 3 double crochets. Ch 2. Repeat * Across to next corner. In corners, sc, ch 2, sc. Begin next side, ch 2, sc in between next space between 2 groups of dc. Complete the round in the same manner. Sl st to beg sc.
- Sl st to next ch-2 space. Ch 3 (counts as dc) 4 dc in same ch-2 space. Place 3 dc in each ch-2 space to next corner. In corners, place 5 dc. Continue around in same manner. Sl st to top of beg ch-3. Fasten off and weave in ends.
Comments on “Crochet C2C Mountains Square”
No Blue Button
No blue button ?
I am going to make this for a baby gift. Is there a pattern that would make it a little bigger?
I’m not entirely sure how to do C2C haven’t done them myself, but my suggestion for making it larger is to repeat the mountain section and doing the sky to the height you want it, another option is making a wider border to the size you would like it
I just completed my first C2C Mountain Square thanks to your inspiration and instructions, I only had to pull it out about 5 times to correct mistakes! I had wanted to make this for a baby blanket, but the square measures too small and is not rectangular. Any suggestions as to adding to the pattern to accomplish this? Of course I would need to add more design content to make it wider and longer. I also did the bottom color as white for a frozen lake, and I plan to add baby name, dob, etc. how does one embroider over crochet?
Liz, here’s what I found on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPFAGX2JJuk
Comments are closed.