The Crochet Boxy Checks Pullover Sweater is a casual and colourful sweater to try. Use half double crochet on the horizontal bar. I provided a tutorial of this stitch in another project we have done to show you how this stitch is done.
The sweater is crocheted from side to side instead of the usual top and bottom. It's also using graphghan work of using different strands simultaneously to create a seamless, no-sew, crochet pullover sweater. I don't have a video of using this stitch as a graphghan concept but it would be just like the concept of doing it with single crochet.
The sleeves are done separately and sewn on. The neckband and bottom waistband are done independently and sewn evenly to the project. Caron Big O'Go is a great brand to be using for this type of application. If you look at the yarn strand itself, the stitch definition would be fantastic and practical for your purposes.
- Project Size: Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, 2 Extra Large, 3 Extra Large, 4 Extra Large and 5 Extra Large
- Gauge: 14 sts and 9.5 rows = 4" using half double crochet horizontal bar stitch.
- Designer: Yarnspirations Design Team
- Hook Size on Pattern: 5 mm / H/8
- Yarn In Pattern: Caron Big Donut O'Go
- Pattern Date or Last Revision Known: July 13, 2021
Please use the pattern for details on yarn quantities, gauge and other details not listed here. This pattern may have been updated since the creation of this tutorial and the information or presentation of the printable PDF may have been changed without notice.
- Crochet Cowl Pullover Sweater Pattern
- Crochet Textured Floor Pillow Pattern
- Crochet Easy To Wear Adult Cardigan
- Length of Sunlight Impacts My Crochet
The Horizontal Stripes Crochet Scarf is crocheted as a half double crochet on the horizontal bar used in the Boxy Checks Sweater.