Crochet Home for Christmas Afghan
Developed in 2019 is the Crochet Home for Christmas Afghan by me, Mikey of The Crochet Crowd. Daniel and I were talking about how to incorporate a wreath onto an afghan. In 2018, I learned how to do crocodile scale stitching in our Crochet Flora Afghan, 7-month stitch-along series.
More Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Country Snow Window Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Mountain Peaks Scarf Pattern
- Crochet Retro Ornament Afghan Pattern
- Mikey’s 10 Most Recommended Yarns
- Crochet Blizzard Snowflake Afghan Pattern
In this case, I felt it would be better to do the motifs as full and then apply scale stitch (aka crocodile stitch) as a surface overlay that pops off the motifs.
In the tutorial, I did it with red wreath instead and I think I would have been satisfied with that colouring too. I believe this afghan could be a classic design in the years to come.