I want to personally challenge myself with a tapestry stitch sampler for a crochet bag over seven days. The Crochet Mixed Bag pattern uses 11 colours from 3 different Red Heart Super Saver O’Gos.
I looked at the bag closely and thought, if I just tackle this bag over seven days, I can do each section without overstressing myself. Of course, you can race ahead. I am thinking of filming this up as a Stitch Along.
Each Jewel Tone and Rainbow O’Gos has five colours each, and there are ten colours right there. I’ve decided to use Soft Navy instead of black as well.
I’m up for a challenge, and I think the finished sample looks sharp. I can also give further tips in the tutorial to assist with this. I will not do this as a formal stitch-along but film each section and add it to our YouTube Learning Channel as we go.
- Project Size: 17″ wide x 12″ tall without the handles
- Gauge: 12 sc and 15 rows
- Designer: Yarnspirations Design Team
- Stitch Multiple is 60 stitches. Note that the beginning chain isn’t multiples of 60 as the bag grows slightly before it settles at the 120 sts in the round.
- Hook Size on Pattern: 5.5 mm / I/9
- Yarn In Pattern: Red Heart Super Saver
- Pattern Date or Last Revision Known: July 20, 2022
Please use the pattern for details on yarn quantities, gauge and other details not listed here. This pattern may have been updated since the creation of this tutorial, and the information or presentation of the printable PDF may have been changed without notice.
- Crochet Soften Their World Baby Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Double Bobble Heart Square Pattern
- Rich Textures Cable Tote Bag
Bottom of Bag – Video 1
Voice instructions for the next step to complete the remaining tapestry section on your own.
Comments on “Colorful Crochet Bag Self Challenge + Tutorial”
this looks great and a fun way to try tapestry. I looked at a couple of videos; and as always you make it look as if I too; can do this. Thanks for another wonderful pattern.
Where is the next pattern section?
I have only 2 filmed up. I have a third but on the editing table for the tutorial. I am working on it asap. You are catching me in the middle of the process to put this together as a collection.
What a wonderful idea! That’s what I will do too. I was intimidated by the tapestry concept but tackling it a bit at a time is the way to go!! I’m a bit dyslexic so this should be easier 🙂
Comments are closed.