Crochet Daisy and Clusters Baby Blanket
This Crochet Daisy and Clusters Baby Blanket have two different sets of stitches that make this wonderful.
It’s one of those photos that cause me to click because I am sure there is more to the baby blanket. It has stitches I haven’t seen before in combination.
I am looking forward to filming this up once I learn it. 🙂
- Mikey used Caron Simply Soft Tweeds.
- Colour A – Gray Heather – 5 Balls
- Colour B – Off White – 2 Balls
Pattern Reading Tips
I found the transitions of using the single crochet when switching between the clusters to the daisies and then back to the clusters a bit confusing. You can always fudge a stitch or two if you have to.
- There are always 49 clusters in the first time you begin the clusters. Ensure you always get to the 49 clusters in the first cluster. I found this information helpful and kept me to have a straight row across.
- When finishing up the Clusters and needing to do the row of just single crochets. There are a lot of words but realistically, the repeat is simple. You will see it referenced in the video. Ch 1, 1 sc in first sc. 1 sc in next ch 2 sp. Skip next sc. *3 sc in next sp, 1 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sp, 1 sc in next st. Repeat from * across. The last 3 ch spaces are just 2 sc in each. 1 sc in the 2nd chain of the turning chain. So pay attention to how it starts, then repeat across and then watch the final 3 ending spaces that I show in the tutorial with using a stitch marker to locate. I remembered this in my head once I got to the repeat of knowing 3 sc in first sp, fill in the next sc with a sc, 2 sc in next ch sp. 1 sc in next sc. So I just said to myself as 3, 2.
- When finishing up the daisies and needing to do the row of single crochets. Again, a lot of words. Ch 1, 1 sc in same st. Skip next ch 1 sp, 1 sc in next sc. Over the next 3 – ch 3 or ch 2 spaces. Place 2 sc in each sp, 1 sc in the next st. The repeat starts from this point. *3 sc in next ch sp, 1 sc in next st, (2 sc in next ch sp, 1 sc in next sc) twice. Repeat from * across. To finish up this row, keep repeating the repeat across until the 3rd last sc. 2 sc in next ch 3 sp, skip next sc, 1 sc in next ch 1 sp, 1 sc in last stitch. I remembered this in my head once I got to the repeat of knowing 3 sc in first sp, fill in the next sc with a sc, 2 sc in next ch sp. 1 sc in next sc. 2 sc in next ch sp. 1 sc in next sc. So I just said to myself, 3, 2, 2.
I may not have explained it right but I did try to explain in the video. I wrote this down for myself and just reminded myself that it was either 3, 2 repeat or 3, 2, 2.
- Crochet Fall 2020 Stitch Along with JOANN
- Crochet Fancy Basket
- Trendy Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Summer Mist Throw Pattern
- Baby Lazy Wave Blanket + Tutorial
Comments on “Crochet Daisy and Clusters Baby Blanket Pattern + Tutorial”
This is a much better color combo than the baby pink and white version! I think I would like to try a 3-color combo.
Yes the site works.
Comments are closed.