Crochet Super Cowl
One of the hot trends this fall is the Super Scarf, but for me, I prefer cowls. So I came up with my own version of the Super Cowl. I used Bernat Dazzle yarn, which has a nice sparkle, but any bulky yarn would be perfect for this chunky cowl.
You can leave it long for that scarf look, but I prefer to wear it doubled up around my neck. This will be cozy warm for those cold winters.
Finished Size - 9" x 76" circumference.
Changing the Size
To change this size of cowl, you can start your chains in multiples of 2. Keep your starting chain in even numbers to make this work. Typical cowl without being so long would be about chaining of 80 - 100. Crochet a chain and see if you think it's long enough. Try it on and make a determination if you want something smaller.
by Jeanne Steinhilber
- 3 Skeins Bernat Dazzle yarn - I used Silver Smoke, Blue Sky Shine and Glacier or any #5 Bulky yarn, such as Bernat Softee Chunky
- Crochet Hook Size - 8mm or Size L
- Ch 200, sl st to first ch to form ring. Be careful not to twist chain.
- Ch 4 (counts as dc + ch 1 throughout), *sk next ch, dc in next ch. Repeat * around, sl st to 3rd ch of beginning ch-4.
- Ch 4, *sk sp, dc in dc. Repeat * around, sl st to 3rd ch of beginning ch-4.
Repeat round 3 for a total of 12 rounds.
I did 4 dc rounds of each color. Do not fasten off so you can complete the edging.
- Ch 1, sc in each sp and dc around. Finish off. Go back to original chain side, and fasten on with the same color. Ch 1, sc in each sp and dc around. Finish off.