The Pacific Skies Horseshoe Lace Knit Scarf is for easy-level knitters. This free pattern is a free tutorial to follow to guide your stitch journey.
I’m a beginner/easy knitter level, and I was wondering if this is as easy as it promises. The key to this, keep organized with a checksheet to count the stitches as you go. I can do this while watching TV without a problem, but I couldn’t do it amongst friends gossiping at stitch night.
Fun fact: The model is wearing the scarf upside down. What you see is the back of the sample. The front of the sample looks like the picture below. The model’s sample stands out in vertical lines on the back of the sample to allow this three-dimensional texture to stand out.
I used a thicker yarn, Red Heart Roll With It Melange in Show Time, for the swatch sample taught in the free tutorial. So if sock yarn isn’t your thing, you can easily substitute it with the needle sizes and yarn choices for this. I would recommend a non-fuzzy yarn to let the stitch definition come through.
- Project Size: 4.5″ wide x 60″ long. Scarf is adjustable in width and length. See pattern.
- Gauge: 32 sts = 4”; 38 rows = 4” in Horseshoe Lace Pattern.
- Designer: Scarlet Taylor
- Stitch Multiple is Scarf itself is 10 sts + 5. Horseshoe Lace only is 10 sts + 1.
- Hook Size on Pattern: 2.75 mm (US 2). Mikey used 5 mm / US 9 Knitting Needle
- Yarn In Pattern: Red Heart, Heart and Sole with Aloe. Mikey used Red Heart Roll With It Melange in the colour of Show Time.
- Pattern Date or Last Revision Known: August 1, 2019
Please use the pattern for details on yarn quantities, gauge and other details not listed here. This pattern may have been updated since the creation of this tutorial, and the information or presentation of the printable PDF may have been changed without notice.
Another Free Pattern
If you are a new knitter, like me, you may be interested in this Knit Heartwarming Scarf. A free tutorial is also included with the free pattern to assist you.
More Knit Scarves
- Popular post