The trick to finishing a loom knitting hat is to ensure the loom is turned upside down.
- Cut the strand at the end of the project about 24″ long.
- Feed the strand through a tapestry needled and use the needle to scoop off the loops and slide down the strand.
- Once all are collected, pull tight and the top of the hat will finish off beautifully.
- Sewing the top permanently shut by crisis cross across the top of the hat to pull the hole shut.
- Sink the needle down through the top of the and hat and secure on the inside of the hat.
- Add a pom if you wish.
- Loom Knitting for Beginners – What to Buy
- Tips & Tricks for Crochet Free eBook
- Loom Knitting: Adult Ribbed Hat Pattern
- Loom Knitting: Brims for Hats without Sewing
- Loom Knit So Soft Baby Hats
Comments on “Loom Knitting: How to Finish Hats”
Where can I get this
Something I learned when finishing loom hats. Move a loop to top of next peg, alternating all the way around. Finish off. You now have 1/2 the number of loops to gather up on your needle and pull. This makes the final gather less bulky.
I know I didn’t describe it well. Hope you can understand what I’m trying to say.
That’s a smart idea Ann!
Comments are closed.