Brand new to Patons Yarns is Patons Alpaca Blend. For those who love exquisite yarn without the high prices, Alpaca Blend is a mix of Acrylic, Wool, Nylon and Alpaca all spun into one fabulous ball.
This yarn is new and has a ton of colours. Most colours are in darker tones. One of the colours, Ultra Violet, looks so good. As expected with this type of yarn, you can see the tones in the strands. To me, it feels and looks hand-spun but without the price tag to get the look. It's pretty awesome.
Speaking to the designers at Yarnspirations, they gravitate towards animal fibre blends. The look and feel are undeniable. While there are only a few patterns out now, which is to be expected as it's brand new, I think the designers are so excited about this yarn to design more ideas in the future. If you have current ideas, you may want to consider this yarn and hit it up while it's hot.
For us here at The Crochet Crowd, we will probably dive harder into this brand in the fall of 2017. So if warmth and exquisite looks are in your future, this is a yarn not to be overlooked!
- Crochet Pet Bed Pattern + Tutorial
- Crochet Lacy Cluster Cowl
- Crochet Holiday Stocking Pattern
- Crochet Tap In Tapestry Wall Hanging Pattern
- Mikey's Sculpture: Travis The Crochet Giraffe
See All Colour Choices
See all colour choices for this yarn at Available Yarn Colours
Patons® Alpaca Blend has the lush richness of natural fibres with the versatility of easy-care acrylic. This slightly heathered roving yarn comes in 24 beautiful shades and is perfect for everything from garments and accessories to home dec projects! Hand wash in cool water, lay flat to dry.
- Content: 60% Acrylic 22% Wool 10% Nylon 8% Alpaca
- Ball Size: 100g/3.5oz, 142 meters / 155 yards
- Care: Wash in Cool Water; Do Not Bleach; Do Not Dry Clean; Do Not Iron; Dry Flat
- Gauge: 5 - Bulky
- Knitting Gauge: 15 sts x 20 r with a 6 mm knitting needle
- Crochet Gauge: 11 sc x 12 r with a 6 mm crochet hook
- Recommended for: Knit and crochet garments, accessories and home decor projects
Click the pictures to get the free patterns.