How do you figure out afghan sizes?
I have created a formula to calculate the chain counts needed to get to the sizes you need. The formula will also calculate stitch sets for those who require a pattern, such as a wave afghan to stay in balance for stitches.
Sizes of afghans have been provided in the equation for those interested to know the standard sizes of crochet afghans. I have included everything from receiving blanket sizes to king size.
For my calculator, you will need a measuring tape to give me a few dimensions. Due to everyone having their own gauge for stitching, this formula will adjust to your own tension to provide you with accurate details.
More Help Suggestions
- Calculator: Yarn Substitutions for Yardages
- Calculator: How Many Granny Squares Do You Need?
- Calculator: Granny Square Ball Colour Counts
- Yarn Substitution Calculator
- Figuring Out Pattern Repeat
- Calculator: Felt Shrinkage