The Crochet Mobile Yarn Chandelier is just a fun crafting project and a bit of crochet mixed it. I created it for the enjoyment to self create.
It has a battery-operated LED lighting system inside that is suspended within the framework of the chandelier and is inside the middle longer yarn fringe section.
- 1 – 14″ Floral Hoop. (found in the floral section of the craft store)
- 1 – 7″ Floral Hoop. (found in the floral section of the craft store)
- 1 – Ball of Red Heart With With it Sparkle (found in yarn section and most of the ball is used)
- Spare yarn in light tone green to single crochet around large hoop.
- 1 – Package of LED String Lights in Curtain format with 9 strands. 3 AA Batteries needed (found in candles section of the craft store)
- A handful of small jump rings (found in the jewellery section)
- A handful of large jump rings (found in the jewellery section)
- 100″ of strong necklace chain (found in jewellery section)
- A few balls of 1.25″ dia felted balls coloured to match your concept (found in the sewing and yarn section)
- 6 – Butterflies with wire built-in (found in wreath section)
- 1 – Roll of Transparent Cording (found in jewellery section)
- The main ornament of the bike is a tabletop decor item (found in seasonal)
- From roll of the necklace chain, cut 6 (11″ lengths) of chain.
- Attach the chains to one large jump ring.
- Cut 5″ length of chain to add to the jump ring.
- Add one jump ring to the 5″ length.
- With a 14″ diameter hoop, single crochet in an even number evenly spaced around. I used 150 single crochet using 5 mm / H/8 crochet hook with solid green from Caron Simply Soft.
- Attach the 6 (11″ long lengths) evenly spaced to the 6 chains around the hoop by using a large jump ring to the actual single crochet stitches to hold the shape. The hoop should be balanced. (I didn’t start this way but it would have made my life much easier.
- With the 7″ diameter hoop, attach the hoop more than halfway back to the top of the single jump ring. Secure the hoop with jump rings to the chain so it’s balanced. I counted the number of chains down from the top so I was even.
- Scarf 2 Ways Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Cloudy Day Mobile Pattern
- Crochet Bobble Textures Blanket Stitch Along
- Crochet Baby Sea Shells Crochet Blanket
- New Bernat Yarn Social Media Outlets
- Crochet Triceratops Hat for Kids
- Crochet 101 Advice
- Secure the curtain LED lighting to the jump rings that are holding the small loop so it falls straight down.
- Secure the lighting battery box so it’s draping down from the middle. The yarn middle section is hiding the lighting and box behind the fringe yarn wall that will be created.
- When you do the middle section of yarn, be sure to ensure wires won’t poke out. I used jump rings to secure the lighting so the middle so it won’t poke out the sides.
I did this backwards but start with the small hoop first.
- Each fringe is made up of 3 strands of the same colour. I separated the yarn ball by the colours.
- For smaller hoop, each strand is 49″ and 3 are used for each fringe. Attach fringe directly to the hoop. You can move it around on the hoop until you have enough on the hoop to create the wall of fringe that appears.
- Each section between each of the jump rings has 8 fringes. It’s random in colour line up. So there are 48 fringe pieces hanging down.
- Once hung, use a steamer to straighten the yarn and then cut the fringe so it’s 23″ long hanging down from the middle loop. Do not cut any lighting cords.
- For the larger hoop, each strand is 21″ and 3 are used for each fringe.
- Using the single crochet on the larger hoop. Use every other stitch. Attach in a random colour order around the hoop. There will be 75 fringe pieces hanging down.
- Once hung, use a steam to straight the yarn and cut the large hoop fringe so it’s approx 9″ to 10″ hanging.
I used the posy flowers from this scarf. Each flower hanging and there is only 3 is double sided. So each hanging flower has 2 of these flowers. Using the wrong side facing each other, single crochet both flowers to join them together. I used matching colours from Caron Simply Soft to make the flowers.
- I used transparent cording to attach a few balls. Use the weaver’s knot for best results. You can cut the excess cording off close to the knot if you use this type of knot. You can find tutorials (not ours) on YouTube if you need help.
- Hang the accessories direction from the chain. This includes the balls and flowers.
- Hang the main accessory, in this case, the tabletop bike from the middle jump ring at the top of the chandelier where all 6 chains connect to so the chandelier will stay balanced.