- Hits: 178
Crochet Woven Scarf
Using Bernat's Mosaic Vivid Yarn, you can create this amazing looking scarf by being strategic with your double crochet stitches. I am using front and back posts in a particular order to make this appear to be a woven design.
The scarf dimensions is about 68" long x 5" wide.
- 2 ball of Bernat Mosaic Yarn, 3.5 oz or 100 g ball. Colour used is called "Vivid".
- Size J Crochet Hook or 6.0 MM
This pattern is simple but it requires you to understand watching the repeat pattern. As soon as you understand it, you will be able to do this complete scarf without having to refer to the directions below. Directions below match the above diagram.
FPDC (Front Post Double Crochet) VIDEO
BPDC (Back Post Double Crochet) VIDEO
- CH 21
- ROW 1 - DC 4th CH from Hook, DC in all remaining stitches. turn.
- ROW 2 - CH 2, *FPDC 1st 2 stitches, BPDC next 2 Stitches, Repeat *. Last stitch gets HDC. Turn
- ROW 3 - CH 2, 1st stitch BPDC, *FPDC next 2 stitches, BPDC next 2, Repeat from *, 2nd last stitch is BPDC, Final Stitch is HDC. Turn.
- ROW 4 - CH 2, *BPDC 1st 2 Stitches, FPDC next 2 Stitches, Repeat *. Last stitch gets HDC. Turn.
- ROW 5 - CH 2, 1st stitch FPDC, *BPDC nex two stitches, FPDC next two stitches, Repeat *. 2nd last stitch gets FPDC, Final Stitch gets HDC. Turn.
- Repeat STEP 3 - STEP 6 for the remainder of this project. Use two balls of Bernat Mosaic Vivid. Fasten off and weave in ends when done.