Crochet Rainbow Dreams Patterns
I have recently seen a few requests from people looking for patterns for a Rainbow Baby Blanket. I have a rainbow baby and I thought gathering a collection of Rainbow Patterns is a great way to celebrate all Rainbow Babies everywhere.
Today we celebrate our little rainbow babies and envelop them in all the colours of our love. They are loved so very much and we want to wrap them in all the beauty of a rainbow.
Crochet Rainbow Pillow Pattern
Babies and toddlers seem to love bright colours and squishy things, this Crochet Rainbow Pillow Pattern would make a lovely cuddly pillow, as well as a cute decoration for a Rainbow room. This pillow would make a great baby shower gift, and work up fast so if you were stuck trying to figure something out this is a great pattern for that.
The Crochet Rainbow Pillow Pattern is made using Bernat Baby Blanket it’s a nice thick yarn so this project that not only looks cute but works up super cute. Little ones young and old will love this Rainbow Pillow to brighten up their day. A great birthday gift, baby shower or a just because of gift.
Crochet Tunisian Entrelac Baby Blanket Pattern
Tunisian crochet is a method I haven’t tried yet, I have the hooks so I’m off to a good start. This Crochet Tunisian Entrelac Baby Blanket Pattern is super cute and would make a lovely baby shower gift.
The Tunisian Entrelac Baby Blanket Pattern was made using Bernat Softee Baby Chunky it’s such a lovely yarn for this pattern.
Remember with Tunisian especially if you are a tight crocheter like myself self you are going to want to go up a couple of hook sizes otherwise, the pattern will be very tight and you will struggle to get that hook in there. If you are like me you are still very new to Tunisian Mikey did a video tutorial to help you out.
Crochet Chasing Rainbows Blanket
This Crochet Chasing Rainbows Blanket Pattern is such a sweet blanket and I think this is one I think I want to make up myself for my little rainbow baby for her next birthday or even for easter it has a bit of a spring vibe to it, maybe that’s why this one appeals to me, spring to me means new life.
The Crochet Chasing Rainbows Blanket was Designed by Marly Bird she made it using Red Heart With Love as well as Red Heart Gumdrop. This is one of those blankets every mother will adore and every child will love. Making it a wonderful baby shower gift or gift you your own little one. I know it’s one I can’t way to try out.
Crochet Rickrack Rainbow Baby Blanket
This is such a sweet little blanket more of a traditional baby blanket style a nice east pattern to whip up when you’re looking for a sweet little rainbow baby blanket. The colours used in this pattern are so pretty, or you can use traditional rainbow colours if that is something you were looking for. The Crochet Rickrack Rainbow Baby Blanket Pattern is a very versatile blanket pattern.
This Crochet Rickrack Rainbow Baby Blanket was made using Red Heart Soft Baby Steps, I’m not sure if I have seen this yarn myself self but it sounds like it would be a really nice yarn for a baby blanket.
Crochet Rainbow Blanket Pattern
This is a really pretty pattern using the fun Modern Granny stitch. This is a really lovely Crochet Rainbow Baby Blanket Pattern that doesn’t take long to work up especially if you are familiar with the Moder granny or even the regular granny. There is also a cute little pattern for a little matching lovey if you don’t want to make the blanket the matching lovey is a perfect little take along.
The Crochet Rainbow Blanket Pattern is designed by our very own lovely queen of the Modern Granny Jeanne Steinhilber using Caron Simply Soft.
Caron Simply Soft
MC – Soft White – 3 Balls
A – Soft Brites Watermelon – 1 Ball
B – Soft Brites Mango – 1 Ball
C – Soft Brites Super D. Yellow – 1 Ball
D – Soft Brites Limelight – 1 Ball
E – Soft Brites Blue Mint – 1 Ball
F – Soft Brites Berry Blue – 1 Ball
G – Soft Brites Grape – 1 Ball
5 mm / H Hook
Beg = Begin
Ch = Chain
Dc = Double Crochet
Fpdc = Front Post Double Crochet
Rep = Repeat
Rs = Right Side
Sc = Single Crochet
Sl St = Slip Stitch
Sp(s) = Space(s)
Ch 5, join with sl st to beg ch to form a ring.
Round 1 – Using MC – Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), 2 dc in ring, ch 1, [3 dc in ring, ch 1] 3
times; join with sl st in top of beginning ch. Break MC yarn. —Four 3-dc groups, and 4 ch-1 sps. RS.
Round 2 – Using A – Attach yarn in any ch-1 sp, ch 1 [(sc, ch 3, sc) in next ch-1 sp (corner made), ch 3] 4
times; join with sl st in first sc. Break A yarn. —4 corners, 4 ch-3 sps.
Round 3 – Using MC – Attach yarn in any ch-3 sp, (ch 3, 2 dc, ch 1, 3 dc) in first corner ch-3 sp, 3 dc in next ch-3
sp, [(3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc) in next corner ch-3 sp, 3 dc in next ch-3 sp] 3 times; join with sl st in top of beginning ch.
Break yarn. —4 corners, and four 3-dc groups.
Round 4 – Using A – Attach yarn in any ch-1 sp, ch 1 *(sc, ch 3, sc) in next corner ch-1 sp, ch 3, sc in next space
between the corner and next 3-dc group, ch 3, sc in next space between next 3-dc group and corner, ch 3; repeat
from * 3 more times; join with sl st in first sc. Break A yarn. —4 corners, and 12 ch-3 sps.
Round 5 – Using MC – Attach yarn in any ch-3 sp, (ch 3, 2 dc, ch 1, 3 dc) in first corner ch-3 sp, 3 dc in next 3 ch-3 sp, *(3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc) in next corner ch-3 sp, 3 dc in next 3 ch-3 sp; repeat from * 2 more times; join with sl st in top of beginning ch. Break MC yarn. —4 corners, and twelve 3-dc groups.
Round 6 – Using A – Attach yarn in any ch-1 sp, ch 1 *(sc, ch 3, sc) in next corner ch-1 sp, ch 3, [sc in next space
between 3-dc groups, ch 3] to next corner ch-1 sp; repeat from * 3 more times; join with Sl st in first sc. Break
yarn. —4 corners, and 20 ch-3 sps.
Continue to repeat rounds 5 and 6 in the following colour sequence:
All odd rounds use MC
Rounds 2, 4, 6 – Color A
Rounds 8, 10, 12 – Color B
Rounds 14, 16, 18 – Color C
Rounds 20, 22, 24 – Color D
Rounds 26, 28, 30 – Color E
Rounds 32, 34, 36 – Color F
Rounds 38, 40, 42 – Color G
Finish with MC in round 43
TURN over to the wrong side (ws).
Round 1 – Using A – Attach yarn in any chain-1 space, chain 1 (single crochet, chain 3, single crochet) in the same space, chain 1, skip next double crochet, *single crochet in next double crochet, chain 1, skip next double crochet Repeat * across to corner, (single crochet, chain 3, single crochet) in the corner. Repeat around to the beginning, slip stitch to beginning single crochet. Break A yarn. TURN to the right side (rs).
Round 2 – Using B – Attach yarn in any chain-3 corner, chain 1 (single crochet, chain 3, single crochet) in same space, chain 1, *single crochet in chain-1 space, chain 1; repeat * across to corner, (single crochet, chain 3, single crochet) in the corner; repeat around to the beginning, slip stitch to beginning single crochet. Break yarn. TURN to the wrong side. Repeat round 2 continuing to change to each colour in sequence, A-B-C-D-E-F-G, and continuing to TURN each round.
Round 8 (RS) – Attach Main Colour in any corner, [chain 4 (counts as double crochet + chain 1), double crochet, chain 1, double crochet, chain 1, double crochet, chain 1, double crochet] in same space, double crochet in next chain-1 space, *(double crochet, chain 1, double crochet) in next chain-1 space, double crochet in next space; repeat * to next corner, (double crochet, chain 1, double crochet, chain 1, double crochet, chain 1, double crochet, chain 1, double crochet) in the corner; repeat around to the beginning, slip stitch to the third chain of the first chain 4.
Round 9 – *(single crochet, chain 3, single crochet) into next chain 1 space; repeat * around. Slip stitch to beginning sc. Fasten Off.
Crochet Fluffy Unicorn Baby Blanket Pattern
This has to be one of my favourite blankets, I couldn’t not share it and the Crochet Fluffy Unicorn Pattern is a great pattern to end this collection with. I have made one very similar to this myself in a thinner yarn because I’m a sucker for punishment so it took me forever to finish it, and I don’t think it ended up the same final size because the baby I was making it for didn’t seem to want to wait until I was done.
The Fluffy Unicon Blanket is made using Bernat Blanket Brights little ones will absolutely love the bright colours and squishy softness of this blanket.
You will need 1 Ball, 300 g Each of Bernat Blanket Brights:
- Race Car Red – Colour A
- Carrot Orange – Colour B
- School Bus Yellow – Colour C
- Go-Go Green – Colour D
- Royal Blue – Colour E
- Pow Purple – Colour F
Afghan Sizing and Colour Rounds
- The afghan is a 6 point round afghan. It will measure 64″ across the tips. That’s approximately 5′ 4″.
- Each colour that circles around consists of 2 rounds only. It’s been designed for the size that you only need 1 ball of every colour. The purple colour, which is last in sequence will be the least amount of yarn you will have leftover whereas the red, you will have plenty of leftovers.
- Each colour will appear only twice with the red being the exception for a single crochet border.
- As each round gets bigger by 1.5″ in each direction, you will use more yarn in every rotation than the round before it. The final purple round is half double crochet due to the fact if you use double crochet in the final purple round, you will run out of yarn.
Using an 8 mm or Size L Crochet Hook.
- Ch 2 (does not count as a stitch). 12 hdc in ring. Join with sl st to first hdc. 12 hdc.
Ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as last sl st. *3 dc in next hdc. 1 sc in next hdc. Rep from * around to the last hdc. 3 hdc in the last hdc.Join B with sl st to first sc. Fasten off Colour A.
- With Colour B, fasten on next stitch over to where you had to slip stitch. Ch 3. (2 dc. Ch 2. 2 dc) in next dc. 1 dc in next dc. *Miss next sc. 1 dc in next dc. (2 dc. Ch 2. 2 dc) in next dc. 1 dc in next dc. Rep from * 4 times more. Sl st to top of ch 3.
- Sl st in next dc. Ch 3. 1 dc in next dc. *(2 dc. Ch 2. 2 dc) in next ch-2 sp. 1 dc in each of next 2 dc.** Draw up a loop in each of next 2 dc. Yoh and draw through all loops on hook – sc2tog made. 1 dc in each of next 2 dc. Rep from *4 times more, then from * to ** once. Sc2tog over last 2 sts. Join with sl st to top of ch 3. Fasten off Colour B.
- With Colour C, Fasten on to the same stitch as the slip stitch. Ch 3. 1 dc in each of next 3 dc. *(2 dc. Ch 2. 2 dc) in next ch-2 sp. 1 dc in each of next 4 dc.** Miss next st. 1 dc in each of next 4 dc. Rep from * 4 times more, then from * to ** once. Miss last st. Join B with sl st to top of ch 3.
- Sl st in next dc. Ch 3. 1 dc in each of next 4 dc. *(2 dc. Ch 2. 2 dc) in next ch-2 sp. 1 dc in each of next 5 dc.** Sc2tog over next 2 dc. 1 dc in each of next 5 dc. Rep from * 4 times more, then from * to ** once. Sc2tog over the last 2 dc. Join A with sl st to top of ch 3. Fasten off Colour C.
- You will continue the same manner for all remaining rounds. There will be more DC’s between the points of the star as it gets bigger. You will cycle through all of your colours following the last two sets of instructions. Continuing with D, E, F and then go back to do A, B, C, D, E & 1st row of F only.
- In the final round of F, you are to substitute HDC for DC to keep you from running out of yarn.
- Final border round is 1 sc in each stitch around, 3 sc in each of the ch-2 spaces in the points of the star.
- Crochet Rainbow Wave Afghan Pattern
- Rainbow Shawl Pattern
- Crochet Over the Rainbow Dishcloth Pattern
- 6 Colourful Crochet Creations Pattern