What To Do With Caron Simply Soft Ombre Yarn
Caron Simply Soft Ombre Yarn is a surprising yarn and something I accidentally discovered one day. I’ve seen many yarns in my lifetime but this one stands apart from regular yarn. It’s a colour story.
This is pre-dating Caron Cakes with having longer stripes of colour before transitioning to the next colour. So you end up with pools giving fabulous stripes looks in projects.
What separates this in my mind is the way the colour looks. The colours are a fresh colour palette but the colours soft, blend and work together well. The yarn is dyed in a way that colours can fade in and out as it’s transitioning over to the next colour. For myself, as a professional, this is due to the way it’s dyed but I love it all the same. To some, they think this is a mistake in the yarn and it’s not. To me, it reminds me of painting with watercolours where you have darker spots in some spots than in others. It feels artistic to me.
Though I know it’s a mass-produced yarn, the premium acrylic yarn of Caron Yarns combined with this colouring effect has me anxious with a crochet hook. I love the chance-taking with this sort of yarn. In smaller projects like gloves, you can see how awesome it is.
- Crochet Reversible Geometric Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Ruby Infinity Cowl + Tutorial
- 12 Caron Simply Soft Color Cards by Diva Dan
- Crochet Scalloped Top Pattern
- What To Do With Caron Simply Soft Heathers Yarn
See All Colour Choices
See all colour choices for this yarn at: Available Yarn Colours
All the luxury and comfort of Caron Simply Soft, now available in a beautiful tone-on-tone shade range.
- Content: 100% acrylic
- Ball Size: 113g / 4 oz, 186 meters / 204 yards
- Care: Machine wash and dry
- Gauge: 4 – Worsted
- Knitting Gauge: 18 sts and 24 rows with a 5 mm (U.S. 8) knitting needle
- Crochet Gauge: 13 sc and 14 rows with a 5 mm (U.S. H/8) crochet hook
- Use for: Knit and crochet garments, accessories, and home décor projects