Crochet Baby Bundle Blanket
It’s soft, it’s fabulous and it’s quick… it’s Bernat Baby Bundle. A yarn unlike any other that gives the ultra plushness to baby’s first blanket. Only available at select retailers in the USA and Canada.
The bundle series comes in Bernat Home Bundle and Bernat Baby Bundle. It’s a mix of different yarns you may love. A fun mix of Bernat Blanket, Bernat Pipsqueak, Bernat Chunky and Bernat Boucle. It’s one continuous strand in long lengths of each type of yarn and then suddenly switches to another type of yarn and generally, a yarn that blends well colour wise and texture too. The designers of this yarn were careful to look for modern and relevant colour pallets in today’s era.
- Crochet Scalloped Dishcloth + Tutorial
- Crochet L’il Dots Afghan Pattern + Tutorial
- Hexagon Christmas Tree Skirt Pattern + Tutorial
- Crochet Easy Baby Hat Pattern + Tutorial
- Crochet Starlette Shawl Pattern
Using an 8 MM, Size L Crochet Hook. You can crochet this yarn with ease. The Bernat Pipsqueak will require you to use your fingertips to feel the stitches as the plush fibre is sometimes difficult to see. For an experienced crocheter, this will be easy.
I loved the softness of each of the brands chosen to make the bundle. It’s soft, not stiff and for myself, the baby blanket was less than 3 hours to crochet. So if you get surprised with a baby shower, 3 hours, 2 balls of Bundle Yarn and your crochet hook, you’ve got a personalized gift for the shower.
- 2 – Balls of Bernat Bundle Yarn (Colour is Aqua Nest)
- Size L, 8 mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle to weave in ends.
The baby blanket is 32″ square.
- CH 4 and SL ST to the BEG chain to form a ring.
- CH 3 (counts as 1 double crochet), 2 DC into the ring. CH 2, 3 DC into the ring, CH 2, 3 DC into the ring, CH 2, 3 DC into the ring, CH 2 and SL ST to the top of the CH 3 that beginning of the round.
- CH 3 (counts as 1 double crochet), 1 DC into the corner gap under the CH 3, * DC into each ST. On corner gap, 2 DC, 2 CH, 2 DC into the space spot. Repeat from * all the way around. The final corner will have 2 DC, CH 2 and SL ST to the top of the CH 3 that started the row.
- Rounds 4 – 15. Follow step 3. Each rotation will get bigger and more space between the corners.
- Fasten Off – There is enough yarn to do a total of 15 Rounds using 2 balls. Add more balls if you would like it bigger.
Comments on “Crochet Baby Bundle Blanket Pattern + Tutorial”
FYI – Walmart in Canada is carrying this, although Michael’s is not 🙂 I love this yarn. So easy, so beautiful.
Any way to find out if Bernat is going to continue making this yarn?
yes they are. I know that first hand.
Hello, I have been looking for aqua nest and can find anything. Has anyone heard where to get some?
I was so impressed with your blanket I started a larger blanket and ran out of yarn. Do you have any idea where i could get two skeins of the Bernat Baby Bundle in the YELLOW NEST color? Thank You, Robin.
Love this blanket but I am so bummed I can’t find this yarn anywhere! I found a few balls of baby bundle in our local Joann, but it is blue and they said they probably won’t get any other colors. So I am going to be adventurous and get a few balls of pipsqueak, softee chunky and blanket yarn and see if I can sort of simulate the texture, wish me luck!
Just wondering how they change from one type of yarn to another without knots to attach each yarn type.
Comments are closed.