Crochet Boho Ornament Afghan Crochet Along
This afghan has been designed by me, Mikey of The Crochet Crowd. Originally finalized in August 2018. This afghan is designed to be extremely colourful and is a great way to plan an afghan through colour strategy or use up odd balls that is in your collection.
- How to Substitute Yarn
- Begin Your Year with A Crochet Journey Journal
- Crochet Sky Watch Blanket + Free Downloadable Worksheet
- Crochet Sampler Afghan + Tutorial
There will be two ways suggested for the shape of the afghan. One way takes 50 motifs, the other takes 52 motifs. The more colours you use, the more unique each ornament can look like. You are the creator of your ornament afghan.
We will have 3 random giveaways for those who complete this afghan. I’m giving you until New Years Day to finish. I know you have a lot of stitching to do. So I’m giving plenty of time and besides, if you don’t finish before then, you will have it finished in time for next year. *Gulp… maybe!*
Click the list to download or print the list for your convenience. This list is part of a booklet for this entire Crochet Along. As the clues come out, the booklet will be more complete.
The list has a coupon code for Yarnspirations for Caron One Pound valid until the end of November. Use TCCCARON20 during check out to have 20% knocked off the price of your Caron One Pound yarns.
Santa’s List for the Boho Ornament Afghan
How to Be Random
Yards per Round per Motif
If you would like substitute and determine if you have enough yarn. 96 yards per motif. Information is rounded up to the nearest yard.
- Rnd 1 = 9 yards Same Colour as Rnd 9.
- Rnd 2 = 11 yards
- Rnd 3 = 11 yards
- Rnd 4 = 13 yards
- Rnd 5 = 13 yards
- Rnd 6 = 6 yards
- Rnd 7 = 9 yards
- Rnd 8 = 4 yards
- Rnd 9 = 11 yards
- Rnd 10 avg = 9 yards
- Border is Unknown
Timing Per Motif
In the effort of designing and understanding timing. I have timed the average for each round to put in perspective. Rounded up to the nearly full or half minute. Once I understood the pattern and was about 5 motifs in, I would take a timing to be accurate.
- Rnd 1 = 2 minutes
- Rnd 2 = 4.5 minutes
- Rnd 3 = 3 minutes
- Rnd 4 = 3 minutes
- Rnd 5 = 3 minutes
- Rnd 6 = 4 minutes
- Rnd 7 = 3 minutes
- Rnd 8 = 4 minutes
- Rnd 9 = 4 minutes
- Rnd 10 Attaching = 4.5 minutes each. Final attaching takes about 3 – 3.5 hours to attach all motifs together using 50 motifs.
Close Up Photos
Win 1 of 2 Loaded Santa Bags of Yarn
Submit us a finished photograph of your Boho Ornament Afghan Stitch Along.
- There is no sign up required to participate. Complete the project and email your photo when you are done. This challenge is open to all Crochet Crowd Community Members.
- You may use any yarn you wish. You may create any color scheme. Use as many or as little colours as you prefer.
- You may do as many projects as you wish. If multiple entries are identical, a picture showing the projects together to prove their are multiple must be included with your submissions.
- We require your photo to show the entire project so we know the entire project is done. Ensure your project is completely finished with yarn tails and etc not showing. It’s like giving it out as a gift, we want to the see the photo showing as if you were gifting us the finished product. This way we know you are completely done.
If you are changing your hook size or yarn, we are still looking for the pattern to be the same.
- All photos must be submitted during the challenge time frame only. Entries after this due date will be accepted for our gallery but there are no prize giveaways after the deadline.
- Your Choice: Post your finished project on The Crochet Crowd Facebook Page to show everyone your finished work so we can drool over your creativity.
- When you email your finished photo to us, we respect your privacy and will only post your first and last name on the picture in our gallery with the photo so we can identify the winner at the end.
- Featuring on Facebook is dependent on you. We do not upload your emailed photos to Facebook. You have to do that yourself if you want to Show N Tell your creativity.
- We are not responsible for undelivered email and/or late entries to qualify for the prize.
- Due to the countless technology platforms and services, we are not responsible for any of our challengers if a mobile devices or technology that isn’t compliant to being able to read our website, view our videos and/or get access to the free patterns.
- All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Please verify your entry is in our gallery prior to our draw. We need up to 4 days to get your entry into our gallery. We upload it ourselves as part of our review process. If you do not see your entry, we most likely haven’t received your email. Do not wait until after the draw to check if your entry is in.
This is intended for a fun community challenge only. We each are deserving of the highest praise possible for our own creativity. Let’s have fun.
How to Submit
Please read the guidelines below to understand what we are looking for.
Send your photo to us through email to email@example.com
- Use Subject Line: Ornament Afghan
- In the email leave us the following information.
- Your Full Name
- Your Mailing Address
- We will not be adding your name or email to our database.
We are accepting entries from Nov 22, 2018 to Jan 1, 2019, 11:00 pm ADT. Winners will be drawn Jan 7, 2019.
We will be entering them into the Gallery from Dec 20 – New Years Day. You can email any time.
- We will email you if something is questioned in your photo.
- You will not hear from us if your email didn’t get to us. So if you don’t see your entry after 4 days of submission, it means we haven’t received it.
We require at least 4 days of processing time to accept, review and enter your pictures into our official galleries. Unfortunately, due to things we cannot understand, we don’t always receive emails as our server may not receive your email and/or emails can get lost in cyber space. In the event after 4 days you don’t see your entry put into our gallery. Kindly email us back with the picture once again. If your entry doesn’t qualify, we will contact you. The chances of your picture not in our galleries is most likely your email not being received.
Submission Gallery Can Be Found Here on Flickr Directly
More Stitch Alongs