The Crochet Pretty Flowers Shawl has a very deep texture with a flower pattern created by fan shapes for upper and lower semi-circles. Once I understood the pattern, I repeated and is pretty easy and changed my mind from an intermediate level to an easy level.
The pattern starts with a scalloped edge. To keep the balance, the edging must be done in even numbers. Like 6, 8, 10 and more. The shawl itself has 18 scallops.
It’s hard to see how deep the texture is in the real sample. Me, I was quite surprised by it.
The free pattern includes a crochet diagram to follow, which helps give visual cues on where the stitches go.
- Project Size: 21″ x 78″
- Gauge: 11.5 sc and 14 rows with using 2 pattern repeats.
- Designer: Yarnspirations Design Team
- Stitch Multiple is 2 Scallops.
- Hook Size on Pattern: 6.5 mm / K/10.5
- Yarn In Pattern: Caron Colorama Halo. I used 6 mm / J/10 with Sunflower colour of Caron One Pound in the tutorial.
- Pattern Date or Last Revision Known: May 25, 2022.
Please use the pattern for details on yarn quantities, gauge and other details not listed here. This pattern may have been updated since the creation of this tutorial, and the information or presentation of the printable PDF may have been changed without notice.
I couldn’t help but think of these two blankets below. Both use a similar stitch to crochet the flowers. Not with the front posts but similar look with a spacer between the flowers. You can click on the photos to get the free pattern and matching tutorials.