My graphic scarf was never intended to be a pattern. There are not too many projects that I crochet for me.
In hosting an 80’s party, I decided to look at my yarn collection, and I saw I had discontinued colours of Caron Simply Soft in neon colours. I thought, hmmm, 80’s! Neon! Absolutely.
I used graphghan concept of just deciding on each row if I was going to make one colour bigger by reducing the other colour. In some rows, I kept the colours in the same position to create straight lines up as well.
When you wear this, the colour appears to jump across the scarf and match in a funky way on the other side.
The fringe is made up of 3 – 12″ strands put together. The scarf begins with Chain 23 but you can decide to make it wider if you wanted. It’s your call.
This is free form as the decisions are made on the fly without a pattern. The video below will share my concept and show some steps I did.
- Average Size Scarves are between 50 to 70″ long.
- Super scarves are about 100″+ or larger.
- Doctor Who scarves are between 18 – 20 feet long. It’s huge!
- Project Size: 84″ x 6″
- Gauge: 16 sc and 14 rows
- Designer: Michael Sellick, Mikey
- Stitch Multiple is not applicable.
- Hook Size on Pattern: 5 mm / H/8
- Yarn In Pattern: Caron Simply Soft
- Pattern Date or Last Revision Known: September 8, 2022
Please use the pattern for details on yarn quantities, gauge and other details not listed here. This pattern may have been updated since the creation of this tutorial, and the information or presentation of the printable PDF may have been changed without notice.
- Crochet Along Peppermint Afghan Pattern
- Crochet Let’s Do Lunch Placemats
- Flower Power Crochet Table Runner Pattern