Shawls that Bring Comfort & Love
Although I’ve crocheted many different items over the years, it was only recently that I heard the term “prayer shawl”. One of the ladies in my monthly craft group was crocheting them for a ministry at her church. She explained to me that when she crochets, she says prayers for healing and comfort for the soon to be recipient.
I think this is a lovely thing to do for someone. I rarely ever sell anything I make, but I really get more pleasure in giving a crocheted gift to someone. I asked my friend if her ministry is in need more shawls and she said absolutely. Seems like the right thing to do this holiday season.
In this season of giving, do you know anyone in need of thoughts and prayers?
- Prayer Shawl this sample is made with Bernat Satin which is a lovely yarn to work with for your crocheted projects.
- Amazing Grace Prayer Shawl pretty rectangle shaped one with a nice edging on the short side.
- The Power of the Prayer Shawl do take the time to read the symbolism in this piece, it’s beautiful.
- Stashbuster Blarf blanket + scarf = blarf. This is a great one to use up those smaller balls you have in your stash.
- Seraphina’s Shawl a photo tutorial will make this lovely wing-like shawl easy.
- The Lydia Shawl a simple pattern that would be awesome in slow-color changing yarns.
- One Skein Summer Wrap work this up with a Caron One Pounder for a quick gift.
- Marciana Lace Prayer Shawl beautiful color combo worked on the horizontal of this rectangle shawl.
- Linked Shell Shawl my own shawl made for my chilly office, but I will be making this again to donate to the local prayer shawl ministry.
Be creative! 🙂 – Jeanne – The Crochet Crowd