9 Crochet Stitch Marker Ideas
Do you use stitch markers when you crochet? I actually do quite a bit. When I’m working in the round, I like to mark my beginning stitch. I also find them quite handy to keep track of corners, edges or really long chains. I have to admit, I have a nice collection of markers, from bobby pins to extra fancy. Mikey likes to simply use yarn on his projects!
Using stitch markers can really help track of your crochet project. I always hear many saying they struggle to keep the edges of their projects straight. I suggest while you are learning, use a marker at the beginning and end of each row. Markers are also great when mastering the chevron stitch by using one at each peak of the chevron.
I have a collection of stitch marker ideas that you will enjoy.
- Mikey’s Favorite – Yarn! Mikey uses yarn to mark the starting stitch when working in continuous rounds.
- Futuregirl – Paper Clips
- The Chilly Dog – Repurposed Earrings
- Removable Stitch Markers – personalize these to make them more fun!
- Repeat Crafter Me – Perler Bead Markers
- Repeat Crafter Me – Shrinky Dink Markers
- Megmade with Love – Makes her own jewelry style markers
- Nicki’s Homemade Crafts – Uses safety pins as her cute markers
- Jeanne’s Pick – Boye Elastic Stitch Markers – These little balls remind me of the hair ties from the 70’s.
Be sure to leave us a comment below and share your favorite stitch marker tip!