It’s that time of year again where it’s time to wear your support for Remembrance Day.
Here’s the Free Pattern:
Size 5.0 mm – 5.5 mm or J Size Hook
CH = Chain, SL = Slip Stitch, SC = Single Crochet, TR = Triple Crochet,
- Using black, create slip knot and chain 2.
- SC into the beginning stitch 12 times to form a circle. SL to the beginning SC of this rotation. Fasten black off.
- Cast on red. *CH 4, TR 3 times into the base of the Chain 4, then CH 4 and SL to the next stitch on the circle. Repeat from * all the way around. You will have 6 petals.
- Fasten off red and weave in ends.
- With a safety pin, you can mount the poppy onto it and then fasten it to your clothing safely.
Picture shows with the ends dangling. That is an artist choice. You can either cut them off or leave them hanging.
The freedom we have today is due in part to our ancestors of yesteryear.