The Crochet Study of Geometry is the next study blanket in Mikey’s Design collection. Mixed with texture and techniques that may leave you intrigued on how it is done.
There will be 5 generous yarn prizes available for this Stitch Along at the end of the season.
This blanket design is considered an easy level and is 60″ x 60″.
Contrast A – Light Grey (0341) – 1 ball or 306 m/335 yds
Contrast B – Real Teal (0656) – 1 ball or 318 m/348 yds
Contrast C – Lemon (0235) – 1 ball or 270 m/295 yds
Contrast D – Soft Navy (0387) – 1 ball or 234 m/256 yds
Contrast E – Soft White (0316) – 1 ball or 298 m/326 yds
Contrast F – Spring Green (0672) – 1 ball or 209 m/228 yds
Contrast G – Shocking Pink (0718) – 1 ball or 226 m/247 yds
Contrast H – Jade (3862) – 1 ball or 258 m/285 yds
The Colours Used in Tutorial
I used Caron Simply Soft during the teaching in the tutorial. Therefore, I reduced my hook to 5 mm / H/8 size. I used scrap yarn I had but here is the colour breakdown.
Contrast A – Persimmon – 2 Balls
Contrast B – Gold – 2 Balls. (I used Sunshine for the Border of the entire diamond as I ran out of gold.)
Contrast C – Ocean – 1 Ball
Contrast D – Robin’s Egg – 1 Ball
Contrast E – White – 2 Balls
Contrast F – Sage – 1 Ball
Contrast G – Plume Wine – 1 Ball
Contrast H – Dark Sage – 1 Ball
Summer Stitch Along Timeline
- Friday, July 2nd to end: Sign Up for the Free Patterns
- Friday, July 23rd Week 1
- Friday, July 30th Week 2
- Friday, August 6th Week 3
- Friday, August 13th Week 4
- Friday, August 20th, Week 5
Pathways and Gardens are the hints for this. Smell the flowers, follow along the established pathways. There are no flowers to sew on but that doesn’t mean you won’t see flowers. There isn’t anything in our video or pattern collection that looks like this. I pushed and did the math to make it work!
Finally, the name of the blanket was affectionately named by Jeanne. I was doing a lot of math trying to get the corners not to pucker! It’s like the geometry wasn’t working. In the end, the geometry was solved. Therefore a lesson in geometry!
- Crochet The Study of Texture Blanket Pattern
- Crochet PinPoint Granny Afghan Pattern
- 2016 – 3 Crochet Stitch Along Patterns
- 2015 – 2 Crochet Crowd Stitch Alongs
Week 5 – Final
Giveaway General Guidelines
- There is no sign-up required to participate. Complete the project and email your photo when you are done. This challenge is open to all Crochet Crowd Community Members.
- You may use any yarn you wish. You may create any colour scheme. Use as many or as few colours as you prefer.
- You may do as many projects as you wish. If multiple entries are identical, a picture showing the projects together to prove there are multiple must be included with your submissions.
- We require your photo to show the entire project so we know the entire project is done. Ensure your project is completely finished with yarn tails and etc not showing. It’s like giving it out as a gift, we want to see the photo showing as if you were gifting us the finished product. This way we know you are completely done.
If you are changing your hook size or yarn, we are still looking for the pattern to be the same.
You are allowed to enhance your border once all of the 6 diamonds and 6 triangles are assembled. If you see other ways to make the border pop, by all means, go for it.
- All photos must be submitted during the challenge time frame only. Entries after this due date will be accepted for our gallery but there are no prize giveaways after the deadline.
- Your Choice: Post your finished project on The Crochet Crowd Facebook Page to show everyone your finished work so we can drool over your creativity.
- When you email your finished photo to us, we respect your privacy and will only post your first and last name on the picture in our gallery with the photo so we can identify the winner at the end.
- Featuring on Facebook is dependent on you. We do not upload your emailed photos to Facebook. You have to do that yourself if you want to Show N Tell your creativity.
- We are not responsible for undelivered email and/or late entries to qualify for the prize.
- Due to the countless technology platforms and services, we are not responsible for any of our challengers if mobile devices or technology that isn’t compliant to being able to read our website, view our videos and/or get access to the free patterns.
- All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Please verify your entry is in our gallery prior to our draw. We need up to 4 days to get your entry into our gallery. We upload it ourselves as part of our review process. If you do not see your entry, we most likely haven’t received your email. Do not wait until after the draw to check if your entry is in.
This is intended for a fun community challenge only. We each are deserving of the highest praise possible for our own creativity. Let’s have fun.
How to Submit
Please read the guidelines below to understand what we are looking for.
Send your photo to us through email at [email protected]
- Use Subject Line: Summer Stitch Along
- In the email leave us the following information.
- Your Full Name
- Your Mailing Address
- We will not be adding your name or email to our database.
We are accepting entries from August 19th to September 30th, 2021 at 11:00 pm AST.
- We will email you if something is questioned in your photo.
- You will not hear from us if your email didn’t get to us. So if you don’t see your entry after 4 days of submission, it means we haven’t received it.